Showdown Song Tournament: Battle of the Bands

Tools    

i wish the Battle of Bands would get popular here. I see it very entertaining, fun and straightforward.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou VS. Foreigner - Long, Long Way from Home

Bad Company - Live For The Music VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - What a Waste

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) VS. Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws

Ian Dury & the Blockheads - There ain't half been some clever bastards VS. Foreigner - Cold as Ice

Penguin Corpse - I'm An Hipster And I Eat Chipster VS. System of a Down - Question!

Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore VS. Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker VS. Of Monsters and Men - Silhouettes

Penguin Corpse - Like Jesus Christ... But I'm Made of Bacon VS. Journey - Any Way You Want It

Journey - Faithfully VS. Bad Company - Rock and Roll Fantasy

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door VS. Led Zeppelin - I'm Gonna Crawl

Led Zeppelin - Nobody's Fault But Mine VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Clever Trevor

Of Monsters and Men - Crystals VS. System of a Down - Chop Suey!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Creedance Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou VS. Foreigner - Long, Long Way from Home
These are two great songs and this is THE hardest one to choose on - actually had to flip a coin because I COULD NOT decide

Ian Dury & the Blockheads - There ain't half been some clever bastards VS. Foreigner - Cold as Ice

Penguin Corpse - I'm An Hipster And I Eat Chipster VS. System of a Down - Question!

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker VS. Of Monsters and Men - Silhouettes

Penguin Corpse - Like Jesus Christ... But I'm Made of Bacon VS. Journey - Any Way You Want It

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door VS. Led Zeppelin - I'm Gonna Crawl

Led Zeppelin - Nobody's Fault But Mine VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Clever Trevor

BATTLE ONE

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou VS. Foreigner - Long, Long Way from Home-An easy call for me, but that's a song I've always liked from Foreigner and it was a good choice to nominate.

Bad Company - Live For The Music VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - What a Waste-The first has that great B.C. sound that I love, but I thought the song was fairly generic. A close call, but just because of my longstanding love for the first band.

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) VS. Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws-I've always made fun of that Journey song for whatever reason. Speaking of Journey, my favorite song of theirs wasn't nominated WTF!!

Ian Dury & the Blockheads - There ain't half been some clever bastards VS. Foreigner - Cold as Ice-That's not top 5 Foreigner for me, but it's probably top 10 and it's a very nostalgic band for me. I liked the other song a lot and had to think about this one. I just don't think I'd love it for years like the other one.

Penguin Corpse - I'm An Hipster And I Eat Chipster VS. System of a Down - Question!-What the hell was that first thing??

Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore VS. Journey - Don't Stop Believin'-This was a tough call because Journey can't touch Zep even on their best day, and Don't Stop Believin' is one of the most played out songs of all time.

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker VS. Of Monsters and Men - Silhouettes-That second song was good, but it would be almost impossible for me to vote for something I never heard before over something I love from CCR.

Penguin Corpse - Like Jesus Christ... But I'm Made of Bacon VS. Journey - Any Way You Want It-I don't love that Journey song the way I once did, but it's still a song and band that's very nostalgic for me. Besides, what the hell was that other thing??

Journey - Faithfully VS. Bad Company - Rock and Roll Fantasy-A good match, but that's a top 5 B.C. for me.

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door VS. Led Zeppelin - I'm Gonna Crawl-Me voting against Zep twice in one round is a minor miracle.

Led Zeppelin - Nobody's Fault But Mine VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Clever Trevor-I'm digging the sound of that second band, but we're dealing with major power with the first song.

Of Monsters and Men - Crystals VS. System of a Down - Chop Suey!-These were both pretty decent, and I think I just went with what's more my style.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
BATTLE ONE

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou VS. Foreigner - Long, Long Way from Home

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) VS. Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws (I also liked the Of Monsters and Men song, and I might have voted for it if it wasn't up against Journey.)

Penguin Corpse - I'm An Hipster And I Eat Chipster VS. System of a Down - Question! (Is that "Penguin Corpse" thing actually a song? )

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker VS. Of Monsters and Men - Silhouettes

Penguin Corpse - Like Jesus Christ... But I'm Made of Bacon VS. Journey - Any Way You Want It (Are you sure that that "Penguin Corpse" thing is actually a song? )

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door VS. Led Zeppelin - I'm Gonna Crawl

Led Zeppelin - Nobody's Fault But Mine VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Clever Trevor (I think Ian Dury & the Blockheads are growing on me with each song of theirs that I hear.)

Just FYI...you will need to click on the song title in the links to hear the song, NOT the Band name. For some reason I can't figure out, if you click on the Band name it may take you to a different song.

@mojofilter

It looks like this issue is only with the bands where people didn't include the band name in their links, and you added them in. The first song in each band list is correct, and for each song following it, it has the first song in the link for the band name.

You have to remove the part of the link with the band name, and just add the band name to the song title inside the URL code for each of the original links.

BATTLE ONE

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) VS. Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws-I've always made fun of that Journey song for whatever reason. Speaking of Journey, my favorite song of theirs wasn't nominated WTF!!

What's your favorite Journey song? (I only have 2 or 3 more Journey songs on my mp3 player so I might not even know it, but the Journey songs that I nominated are all among my favorite rock/pop songs.)

BATTLE ONE

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) VS.Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws

Ian Dury & the Blockheads - There ain't half been some clever bastards VS.Foreigner - Cold as Ice
I used this link for the second - it didn't make the tie any closer but it did at least work

You either comprehend sheer musical genius or you don't I guess

Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore VS.Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Truly inspired, what's not to love?

Led Zeppelin - Nobody's Fault But Mine VS.Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Clever Trevor

Hugely disappointed nobody nominated Boston or REO Speedwagon

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) VS. Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws (Probably my favorite song of Journey which is a Top 10 band for me)

Ian Dury & the Blockheads - There ain't half been some clever bastards VS. Foreigner - Cold as Ice (great song)

Penguin Corpse - I'm An Hipster And I Eat Chipster VS. System of a Down - Question! (I dont hate the other song but ya know SOAD is my sh*t)

Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore VS. Journey - Don't Stop Believin' (Mainstream Journey is still better than low tier Led Zep)

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker VS. Of Monsters and Men - Silhouettes (That's a great tune by CCR)

Of Monsters and Men - Crystals VS. System of a Down - Chop Suey! (Probably the most mainstream SOAD song but still so great man)

(To whoever nominate Journey Nice choice I'm a huge fan)

I narrowed it down to either Journey, REO Speedwagon, or Survivor, and I knew the most Journey songs, so they won.
Steve Perry is an AMAZING singer you will have a lot of vote from me for sure

I don't mind losing this match to CCR. That's one of my favorite songs by them.

Penguin Corpse is terrible! No offense to whoever picked them.

That Penguin Corpse "song" is an insult to music. Disturbing!

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Penguin Corpse FTW!

Who in their right minds doesn't lurve penguins fgs

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou VS. Foreigner - Long, Long Way from Home -

Bad Company - Live For The Music VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - What a Waste - I love Ian Dury and the Blockheads, they're so quintessentially English in the totally opposite way some outsiders see us

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) VS. Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws loving this band Of Monsters and Men. Not heard them before I don't think, but want to hear more

Ian Dury & the Blockheads - There ain't half been some clever bastards VS. Foreigner - Cold as Ice good Foreigner song but it's Ian

Penguin Corpse - I'm An Hipster And I Eat Chipster VS. System of a Down - Question! sorry Chypster I know this is your theme song, but I have a secret affection for SoaD

Penguin Corpse - Like Jesus Christ... But I'm Made of Bacon VS. Journey - Any Way You Want It - I'd vote for that PC song just on the lyric title alone.

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
VS. Led Zeppelin - I'm Gonna Crawl

Of Monsters and Men - Crystals VS. System of a Down - Chop Suey! - hardest match of the tournament, if it wasn't for Crystals being such a strong song even on my first listen, I would've voted Chop Suey

What's your favorite Journey song? (I only have 2 or 3 more Journey songs on my mp3 player so I might not even know it, but the Journey songs that I nominated are all among my favorite rock/pop songs.)
My favorite is Feeling That Way/Anytime, which I've nominated before, and Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' is high up there as well. My favorites from Foreigner (Hot Blooded) and Bad Company (Movin' On) are also MIA. My top few favorites of Zep are missing but they have a ton of brilliant songs. On the other hand, I didn't nominate my favorite couple from CCR, and probably didn't nominate most people's favorites. The other bands I don't know well enough.