The 'Let's Dance' Song Tournament

Tools    

Ye all might have to bear with me a little in the morning and possibly over the next cpl of days as I appear to have turned an ankle today so am struggling in terms of mobility which means getting downstairs in the morning will almost certainly be a bit of an adventure. I will make it down and get the round up though - if the worst comes to the worst I'll get herself to carry me down

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
ROUND ONE DAY THREE

Cher - Believe vs. The Upsetters - Return of Django Believe is a wonderful dance to but, Django has a smooth groove to do The Stroll to

Abba - Dancing Queen vs. TLC - Creep VERY, VERY difficult to choose between, but in the end. . .

Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance vs. Martha and the Vandellas - Dancing in the Streets Another VERY hard one to choose from. And by the way, these old Soul Train vids are freakin AWESOME!!

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart vs. Krewella - Alive Difficult call #3

Wilson Pickett - Land of 1000 Dances vs. At the Hop - Danny and the Juniors annnnd #4

Mylène Farmer - Oui Mais... Non vs. Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back shake that healthy butt!!

Donna Summer - Last Dance vs. Snap - Rhythm is a Dancer difficult call #5 though with this one, dancing to Donna Summer brings back alot of great summer nights

Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again vs. The Meters - Cissy Strut I LOOOVE the twist, but with this final VERY difficult call, there was a just a hint of a better groove with Cissy Strut

Cher - Believe vs. The Upsetters - Return of Django

Abba - Dancing Queen vs. TLC - Creep

Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance vs. Martha and the Vandellas - Dancing in the Streets

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart vs. Krewella - Alive

Wilson Pickett - Land of 1000 Dances vs. At the Hop - Danny and the Juniors

Mylène Farmer - Oui Mais... Non vs. Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back

Donna Summer - Last Dance vs. Snap - Rhythm is a Dancer

Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
vs. The Meters - Cissy Strut
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance vs. Martha and the Vandellas - Dancing in the Streets

Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again vs. The Meters - Cissy Strut

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND ONE - DAY THREE

Mylène Farmer - Oui Mais... Non vs. Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back (Somehow I missed this one when I was checking the links, but the link for "Mylène Farmer - Oui Mais... Non" had the message "The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.", so I used this link instead.)

Ye all might have to bear with me a little in the morning and possibly over the next cpl of days as I appear to have turned an ankle today so am struggling in terms of mobility which means getting downstairs in the morning will almost certainly be a bit of an adventure. I will make it down and get the round up though - if the worst comes to the worst I'll get herself to carry me down

Sorry to hear about your injury, but don't worry about us. Take care of your ankle first. It's more important than this tournament.

It's kind of ironic that with all the different song tournaments we have around here, you hurt your ankle during the dancing tournament. Maybe you were dancing just a bit more than you should have been.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	recovery.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	29958   Click image for larger version

Name:	cat-brokenLeg.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	29959  

DAY THREE
Tripping the light fantastic
The Upsetters - Return of Django
Abba - Dancing Queen
Martha and the Vandellas - Dancing in the Streets
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Wilson Pickett - Land of 1000 Dances
Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
Donna Summer - Last Dance
Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again

Tripping over their own feet
Cher - Believe
TLC - Creep
Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance
Krewella - Alive
At the Hop - Danny and the Juniors
Mylène Farmer - Oui Mais... Non
Snap - Rhythm is a Dancer
The Meters - Cissy Strut

Thanks for the kind words peeps, after a nights rest it's thankfully a lot better this morn (wife suggested a trip to A&E today, to which I immediately countered "Monday if necessary ..... FA Cup Semi in the afternoon" lol) but even if it had been mad swollen we all know the saying ... the shoe must still go on

Ace of Base - The Sign vs. King Floyd - Groove Me Groove Me is a hell of a song

The Jolly Brothers - Conscious Man vs. Prince - 1999 - link not working but I'm not much of a Prince fan and I like Conscious Man

Alice Francis - Shoot Him Down vs. Professor Longhair - Mardi Gras § (alt link if reqd) - I like Shoot Him Down, it's sassy, but Mardi Gras is full of energy

James Brown - I Feel Good vs. Barbara Randolph - I Got A Feeling I like I Feel Good, but I Got A Feeling is just the kind of record I love. The Holland and Lamont Dozier wrote some storming songs, real class

Chubby Checker - The Twist vs. Pink - Get This Party Started § (alt link if reqd) I like Pink, there I said it now!

Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance vs. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Always liked Neneh Cherry

George Michael - Careless Whisper vs. Fat Freddy's Drop - Roady Not much into the slow dances these days, besides I love the brass section in Roady

Aretha Franklin - Think (feat. The Blues Brothers) vs. Imagination - Illusion § (alt link if reqd) well I guess Aretha will win this one. She's one hell of a singer, but Illusion has been a favourite of mine for ages

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Ace of Base - The Sign vs. King Floyd - Groove Me

The Jolly Brothers - Conscious Man vs. Prince - 1999

Alice Francis - Shoot Him Down vs. Professor Longhair - Mardi Gras § (alt link if reqd)

James Brown - I Feel Good vs. Barbara Randolph - I Got A Feeling

Chubby Checker - The Twist vs. Pink - Get This Party Started § (alt link if reqd)

Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance vs. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

George Michael - Careless Whisper vs. Fat Freddy's Drop - Roady

Aretha Franklin - Think (feat. The Blues Brothers) vs. Imagination - Illusion § (alt link if reqd)

ROUND ONE - DAY FOUR (final day)

Alice Francis - Shoot Him Down vs. Professor Longhair - Mardi Gras

James Brown - I Feel Good vs. Barbara Randolph - I Got A Feeling

Chubby Checker - The Twist vs. Pink - Get This Party Started § (alt link if reqd)

Aretha Franklin - Think (feat. The Blues Brothers) vs. Imagination - Illusion

Alice Francis - Shoot Him Down vs. Professor Longhair - Mardi Gras § (alt link if reqd)

James Brown - I Feel Good
vs. Barbara Randolph - I Got A Feeling

Aretha Franklin - Think (feat. The Blues Brothers) vs. Imagination - Illusion § (alt link if reqd)

Waiting on @mojofilter, @Nestorio_Miklos and @edarsenal to vote on Day Four, I'll leave it open another 24 hours and then we'll have to move on regardless.....