Song Tournament #19

Tools    

Waiting on edarsenal to break the ties for Days 1 and 2. I'll give him another few hours. Otherwise, I'll find a tie breaker.

Day 3 will be posted later on this afternoon
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
ROUND 1 DAY 1

2-Ice-T-New Jack Hustler VS. 3-The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line

2-The 5th Dimension-Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In VS. 5-Roots Manuva ft Chali 2na - Join The Dots

7-gugun blues shelter - set my soul on fire VS. 1-Weezer - Island in the Sun

2-The Go Go's-Head Over Heels VS. 1-Toto - Africa

1-Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels VS. 4-U2 - With Or Without You

4-USA for Africa - We are the World VS. 7-Alice In Chains - Rooster

6-Maxine Nightingale-Right Back Where We Started From VS. 4-Nik Kershaw - The Riddle *Alt. Link

4-Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time VS. 3-A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation

ROUND 1 DAY 2

3-Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove VS. 1-Sheryl Crow - Leaving Las Vegas

1-Loggins & Messina - House at Pooh Corner VS. 6-Cheap Trick-California Man

7-Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution VS. 2-Talk Talk-It's My Life

5-Mungo's Hi Fi ft.Top Cat - Herbalist VS. 7-Mudhoney- Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More

7-The Velvet Undergound - Oh! Sweet Nuthin' VS. 3-Yes - Roundabout

5-Ambros Seelos - Joker VS. 6-Foghat-Fool For the City

3-Saint Etienne - Wood Cabin VS. 2-The Doors-Twentieth Century Fox

2-Sublime-April 26, 1992 VS. 4-Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

ROUND 1 DAY 3

1-Foreigner - Double Vision VS. 3-The Band - The Weight

1-Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree VS. 6-Cream-Strange Brew

5-Youssou N'Dour - The Lion VS. 4-Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita

6-Aerosmith - Make It VS. 2-Guns N' Roses-Rocket Queen

2-Lynyrd Skynyrd-The Needle and the Spoon VS. 6-The Beatles-In My Life

7-Tokyo Jihen - Kachi Ikusa *Alt. Link VS. 5-London Grammar - Wasting My Young Years

5-Kano - This Is England VS. 6-Roger Miller-King of the Road

6-Tab Benoit-Night Train VS. 7-The Slits - Spend, Spend, Spend

Both songs are great rock songs. First gets my vote.

1-Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree
VS. 6-Cream-Strange Brew
The first is catchy as hell

5-Youssou N'Dour - The Lion VS. 4-Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita
Not crazy about either

G'nR all the way

Both are classics. Beatles takes it

7-Tokyo Jihen - Kachi Ikusa *Alt. Link VS. 5-London Grammar - Wasting My Young Years
Not crazy about either

First is a cool little rap song

Did not like the second

@mojofilter i think herbalist have one more vote than mudhoney

1-Foreigner - Double Vision --- hmm, not fond for either

1-Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree --- strange brew just not striking enough

5-Youssou N'Dour - The Lion --- quiet like this

6-Aerosmith - Make It --- interesting hair band matchup, aero have bit more weigh for my vote this occasion

6-The Beatles-In My Life --- it's just too good

7-Tokyo Jihen - Kachi Ikusa *Alt. Link --- shiina ringo all the way!!

6-Roger Miller-King of the Road --- both not my style, but i quiet enjoy king of the road

7-The Slits - Spend, Spend, Spend --- nice track from benoit

@mojofilter hey @resopamenic that's very generous of you to point that out considering Mudhoney is your song. I wouldn't have noticed as no one seems to much like reggae here so I wasn't even expecting Herbalist to go through.

@mojofilter hey @resopamenic that's very generous of you to point that out considering Mudhoney is your song. I wouldn't have noticed as no one seems to much like reggae here so I wasn't even expecting Herbalist to go through.
not big deal christine , my pleasure
I think because of there seven of us it become bit noticeable to me especially mudhoney bold was kinda long one lol xD

You're all right. Mudhoney lost. I fixed it.

1-Foreigner - Double Vision VS. 3-The Band - The Weight The Weight's a great song

5-Youssou N'Dour - The Lion VS. 4-Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita - aww Tina looks like she'd have handsome oung Eros on toast for breakfast! I like the song, but The Lion is mine and I like it more

6-Aerosmith - Make It VS. 2-Guns N' Roses-Rocket Queen seems like we always have Aerosmith/Foreigner/Guns n'Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd in song tournaments. They're always a bit meh for me

7-Tokyo Jihen - Kachi Ikusa *Alt. Link VS. 5-London Grammar - Wasting My Young Years Like the other song but I like the tone of the girls voice in London Grammar

5-Kano - This Is England VS. 6-Roger Miller-King of the Road - Love King of the Road, but Kano's England is my England

6-Tab Benoit-Night Train VS. 7-The Slits - Spend, Spend, Spend - wow I've not heard Tab Benoit before - love him!

ROUND 1 DAY 3

1-Foreigner - Double Vision VS. 3-The Band - The Weight-Two great songs, and I just listen to the first more often.

1-Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree VS. 6-Cream-Strange Brew-I love pretty much anything Cream.

5-Youssou N'Dour - The Lion VS. 4-Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita-I didn't care for either of these. I do feel bad for Tina though. Maybe if Ike hadn't dumped her ass, she may have made something listenable after the 70's.

6-Aerosmith - Make It VS. 2-Guns N' Roses-Rocket Queen-Two great songs from the two bands I've seen the most times live.

2-Lynyrd Skynyrd-The Needle and the Spoon VS. 6-The Beatles-In My Life-I love The Beatles, but I've never liked that song at all. Anyway, I love the first more than any Beatles song, it's the kind of song that puts crazy thoughts in my head.

7-Tokyo Jihen - Kachi Ikusa *Alt. Link VS. 5-London Grammar - Wasting My Young Years-I somehow liked both of these crazy things.

5-Kano - This Is England VS. 6-Roger Miller-King of the Road-The first is not my type at all but at least I don't dislike it. The second is solid but I have no passion for it.

6-Tab Benoit-Night Train VS. 7-The Slits - Spend, Spend, Spend-The second song was goofy as hell but I kind of liked it. The first song was really good.

.... 4-Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita-I didn't care for either of these. I do feel bad for Tina though. Maybe if Ike hadn't dumped her ass, she may have made something listenable after the 70's.
hmm, @cricket, can't let that one go! Wasn't it Tina that escaped from the abusive Ike not him dumping her. I think she's had a much bigger career and more success without him, although I'll give you River Deep Mountain High!