The 4th Short Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Aaand CR just got in! We have now 7 participants (possibly 8 with gbg), which mean 14(16) shorts to see! I took a peek in some of them, we're in for a treat!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
SWEET!!
WELCOME ABOARD, CR!!

Oki doki, thx edarsenal - in my timezone it's already 11 now that's why T_T

I'll quickly prepare my noms and see what neiba has to say

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
If you could pm the link would be great! I'll try to put it on the main thread when I announce the noms!
As soon as gbg decides if she's joining we'll move forward.

I sent my two noms, and I included links to their IMDB pages and the videos on YouTube.
Thanks for waiting for me.

And we have our nominations!!!

They're on the 2nd post!

Here's a list if someone needs it:

The Rink (Charlie Chaplin, 1916) nominated by edarsenal
The Mistery of the Leaping Fish (John Emerson, 1916) nominated by Citizen Rules
A Dogs Life (Charlie Chaplin, 1918) nominated by Camo
Never Weaken (Fred Newmeyer, 1921) nominated by Silent Vamp
The Three Stooges "Pop goes the Easel" (Del Lord, 1935) nominated by edarsenal
Peace on Earth (Hugh Harman, 1939) nominated by Silent Vamp
Bomb (Aleister Grierson, 2005) nominated by Dani8
Atmenah a.k.a Make a Wish (Cherien Dabis, 2006) nominated by Citizen Rules
Everything will be OK (Don Hertzfeldt, 2006) nominated by neiba
Inaka Isha a.k.a. Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor (Koji Yamamura, 2007) nominated by resopamenic
Spider (Nash Edgerton, 2007) nominated by Camo
Tsumiki no ie a.k.a. The House of Small Cubes (Kunio Katô, 2008) nominated by neiba
Animal Beatbox (Damon Gameux, 2011) nominated by Dani8
Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo (Hideaki Hanno/Shinji Higuchi, 2012)
The Ventriloquist (Benjamin Leavitt, 2012) nominated by gbgoodies
Envelope (Aleksey Nuzhny, 2012) nominated by gbgoodies
Paperman (John Kars, 2012) nominated by Titu
Dust (Ben Ockrent, Jake Russel, 2013) nominated by CosmicRunaway
Feast (Patrick Osborne, 2014) nominated by Titu
Flankers (Justin Oakey, 2014) nominated by CosmicRunaway

Good stuff

As well as my two i've seen Everything Will Be Ok which i like quite a bit.

My nom Spider first of all doesn't have any actual spiders as i told gbg and Dani. It's basically a silly 9 minute short that you can only really watch once. I think it is fun though i don't expect it to do well but hopefully a few of you enjoy it. I'd ask that everyone try not to read anyone's posts about it because if it's spoiled then it's spoiled; no good haha.

A Dogs Life is the only Chaplin Short i've seen, i watched it after watching some of his and Keatons films in Sean and Rauls thread; while reading about him i read that this is considered the turning point for him into seamlessly blending drama and comedy. I don't know if that is accurate or not but i liked it alot. Also Ed - Chaplin Bros

Will probably watch a few of these tonight, is there a deadline yet @neiba ?

Also just an idea but could you maybe list the runtimes for these in the first post as i'd like to work my way up from the shortest to the longest? Mines are: Spider - 9 Minutes, A Dog's Life - 38 Minutes.
Just watched Spider, good stuff!! Will do a write up soon!

About the runtimes, I was going to do that but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder!

@neiba Could you not find this either? - Atmenah a.k.a Make a Wish

I didn't go looking for it but it was the only one a link didn't come up for right away and i had to look to get the runtime, and it's the only one without a link on the first page.
Already sent a PM to CR, to see if he knows where it is! I couldn't find it!

I'm really looking forward to watching these!

A quick note on my nominations: if you know nothing about Dust going in, don't look up anything about it; just watch it! Don't even look up the IMDB page for it because the one line written in the synopsis is a spoiler.

Flankers is a Newfoundland short film shot in a couple of real outport communities. Be prepared for rural Newfoundland accents.

I'm very excited to start watching these. This should be fun!

My 1st short is: Make a Wish (2006).. Atmenah(original title)

I seen it on the DVD extras of the movie Amreeka (2009) by Cherien Dabis. So if you can find that DVD you got to for the price of one. It was on Vimeo, but apparently it's been removed. So I hope this is not a problem. I looked for it at a few sites but couldn't find it. If it proves to be impossible I will have to find another short.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
These are "short shorts, hotpants if you will" as a wise person once said so i obviously can't say loads about them but they were fun.

Angel Beatbox

I've definitely seen this before or something very similar, think it might have been on 8 Out of 10 Cats or Russel Howard's Good News or something. Fun and catchy stuff. It's very simple of course but pretty creative too, i like the cutouts and the guys voice and the pig lying on its back/side was awesome. And he gets extra points for not neglecting the sealife or dolphins as they are known haha.

Bomb

Really can't say anything about this without ruining it. It was well done, i really didn't realize what was happening until it did haha.

Anyway, fun noms. I don't really know what Tropfest is but it seems like it would be fun to go to if it is an actual festival.
LOL glad you liked them. There was controversy about animal beatbox because the guy who made short called Cats and Dogs (I think) said it was a rip off. I can't remember how that was sorted out, but it all went quiet.
Tropfest is an outdoor short film festival in Sydney. I think the guy who runs it set one up in NYC but I havent heard about that since.

One of the most unique aspects of the competition is that every film must be made specifically for Tropfest. The intention is to encourage filmmakers to get better at the craft of filmmaking, by making more unique content. This is achieved through having an annual Tropfest Signature Item (TSI) that must be included in their film.

This year’s TSI is PINEAPPLE!

OK I'm going to get Spider out of the way first because I know the title wont continue freaking me out for the rest of the day , and because it's an Edgerton.

Oh man, you got me, Camo, and it wasnt the title. There will be a reckoning, my good man!!!

That was very well made.

GBG will be happy to hear that
I cant say more for spoilers, but wow they did a good job with that. And it's not really 9.30 long. End credits are about 1.30.

Holy snapping duck doo doo. Good choice.