Slight change to how attachments/thumbnails work

Tools    

You'll know without posting it. It'll either add the bbCode to the text box or not.
I think I see what is happening. I click the paper clip attachment and it opens up the Manage Attachments...but if I keep clicking the paper clip, on occasion it gives me a little box that does insert some code. I have a real hard time getting that to open up as I always get the Manage Attachments. But for me it doesn't matter as I don't use a code to place my photos, I use the Insert Image icon once I have the URL address of the attachments. And that still works, so it's all good. I was just trying to give some feedback on the new feature.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oranges.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	29333  

Okay, so, it looks like it's being wonky in Firefox. I'm guessing that's what you're using; I'm investigating.
Yup, Firefox, but don't go to any trouble on my sake. I use the other method anyway.

I think I see what is happening. I click the paper clip attachment and it opens up the Manage Attachments...but if I keep clicking the paper clip, on occasion it gives me a little box that does insert some code.
Not sure I follow. The paperclip and Management Attachments should both bring up the same overlay. And on that overlay, once you've uploaded something, is the Insert button.

Yup, Firefox, but don't go to any trouble on my sake. I use the other method anyway.
By "other method," do you mean just entering the attachfull tag by hand? Or do you mean just letting it stay as a thumbnail?

Either way, it basically doesn't work in Firefox right now, since giving people a third option other than those two is the whole point, so I'm going to fix it regardless. Shouldn't be too hard, once I pinpoint the issue.

Okay, update! I've added an "Insert" button when you upload attachments that'll automatically add the ATTACHFULL tag a handful of you already use.
Wait, there's a tag to add attached images? I always opened the attachment in a new window, copied the url and put that in the normal image tag.

You're not actually wrong; I didn't really "publicize" the tag because it was arguably harder than what you were doing, anyway, since you had to go get the ID.

Anyway, still looking into the Firefox thing. It's annoyingly persistent.

Not sure I follow. The paperclip and Management Attachments should both bring up the same overlay. And on that overlay, once you've uploaded something, is the Insert button.

By "other method," do you mean just entering the attachfull tag by hand? Or do you mean just letting it stay as a thumbnail?

Either way, it basically doesn't work in Firefox right now, since giving people a third option other than those two is the whole point, so I'm going to fix it regardless. Shouldn't be too hard, once I pinpoint the issue.
Sorry I'm not good at explaining this. I took some screen shots, that might explain.

If I click the paper clip icon I get the Manage Attachments box which I use to upload photos from my computer. This all still works, but, clicking the Insert button doesn't do anything.

Normally the next step is, I click on the name of the photo, in this case Insert.jpg ....which opens up a tab with the photo and I copy the URL for it, which is

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...1&d=1489082792

Then I close the Manage Attachments box and click the Insert Image icon and paste in the URL for the photo and I'm done.
Like this:

Now...the 'other attachment box' I mentioned also pops up after clicking the paper clip icon, but for me I can't readily access it as the box in the first photo almost always pops up. But I did get a screen shot of it... (I did click the Insert All and it did insert some tags)

Like I said, I'm OK with doing it the way I've always done, I prefer that what. So I'm not complaining or anything just trying to help with some feedback on the new insert feature.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Insert.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	29334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Large box.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	29335   Click image for larger version

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	29337  

Okay, I think this should work on Firefox now, too! Even added a little subtle notification in the attachment overlay so you know it was added successfully.

There's a very tiny issue where if you insert the attachment code, then preview, you'll have to do it again. I'm working on this, too, but hopefully that represents a pretty minor inconvenience for now.

There's a very tiny issue where if you insert the attachment code, then preview, you'll have to do it again. I'm working on this, too, but hopefully that represents a pretty minor inconvenience for now.
I just noticed that it doesn't work if you later edit your post after using the insert attachment.

Probably the same issue, assuming that "doesn't work" means doesn't work in the way I described for previewing. Hopefully I'll be able to fix this today.

Okay, give it another try.

I've actually completely removed the error message, since I'm not sure how useful or common it really is, anyway, so now it'll always just leave the tag in there. Worst thing that happens is a blank spot where the image would be, I think, which is both a more graceful error and (I think/hope) way less common.

I just noticed something about the new changes. I'm using Firefox.

If you have already written text and go to insert an image, all of the text formatting (namely line breaks) are erased.

Oy. Is it possible to strangle a browser?

Okay, I'll take a look at that shortly. It should be a quick fix, but if not, as an absolute last resort, I may have it just copy the bbCode onto the clipboard for Firefox, or something.

Thanks for confirming. If anyone else notices any issues with this (I haven't even tested it in browsers other than Chrome or FF yet, though most things that work in both of those work almost everywhere else), let me know ASAP.

Thanks Yoda for working on this for us Firefox users

BTW, do you have stats on how many of us use IE,Chrome,Firefox and other browsers? Just out of curiosity.

WARNING: "Spoiler Test" spoilers below
Cool, I think the insert tag feature is working fine in Firefox

Just...edited this a few times and the inserted pic staid put! And line breaks and other formatting stuff worked too!