THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

There are a few others, though we have a couple that are more or less de facto emeritus mods. The ones most likely to be online if you run into any issues are Tacitus and Sedai.
Good to know.

What I find interesting here is that I haven't the faintest idea who the mods are aside from Yoda though I believe there are some. Moderators on some other forums can be such a pain in the bum. It's like they have a tiny bit of power and are desperate not to lose it.
haha yeah, i know the feeling. I particulary remember one broad who didn't participate at all, only when someone had to be punished.

There are a few others, though we have a couple that are more or less de facto emeritus mods. The ones most likely to be online if you run into any issues are Tacitus and Sedai.
Emeritus would be Rules, of course? The Prime minister. I had no fidea Sedai's a mod! Gotta be more careful now, especialy on astrology. Gbg? Đestiny?

No joke, I'd have to check to see who's still technically a mod. I think Sir Toose is. He pops in just enough that I feel like he should keep the abilities. spudracer was still an admin for a long time, though I think I finally changed that awhile back.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No joke, I'd have to check to see who's still technically a mod. I think Sir Toose is. He pops in just enough that I feel like he should keep the abilities. spudracer was still an admin for a long time, though I think I finally changed that awhile back.
Spud was great although I havent seen him post since I joined. I just really liked his thread for newbs. Cool name, too.

What? No joke? You don't know who your own mods are? May I ask how and why did you create all this back in 2000?

May I ask how and why did you create all this back in 2000?
In 2000? Could have sworn I read someplace here that Yoda is 30. (Or, at least, thirtyish.) That would make him 13 when he started.

In 2000? Could have sworn I read someplace here that Yoda is 30. (Or, at least, thirtyish.) That would make him 13 when he started.
Well maybe it wasn't him who started it. He's pushing 40. And ha! this is chilclub, so i can't get off topic - like I already said, I'm glad to be almost 44, I only wish I was even older. But I'll get that in time. Why? Well, it's been a painful 44 years, and I expect more to come. Now, I may sound miserable,but let's face it, life's a nasty thing. I'm 44 years closer to liberation.

I'm 44 years closer to liberation.
Jesus, don't wish your life away. Go visit a hospital & see how many people wish they could live.

I haven't logged on for a bit myself, but seeing Camo and SC with the wiped profiles is pretty upsetting. I know I won't enjoy this place nearly as much without those two posting- as well as Nostro.
Not many noticed this, but Neiba has left us too.

...so,can I ask here really what happened?
Have you seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind? that explains all the recent disappearances.

What? No joke? You don't know who your own mods are?
Sort of; I mean that there are a few who were mods, but are almost never around, but might have some mod privileges still active.

May I ask how and why did you create all this back in 2000?
The "why" is that I was interested in web development and part of a web development community, and thought it might be interesting to run one, so I picked a topic I was interested in and went for it. The "how" is pretty much just buying a domain, buying the software, and just throwing myself into it.

I'm 32 right now, and started the site when I was 15.

I'm 32 right now, and started the site when I was 15.
LOL. Beatle said you were "pushing 40", but I knew you weren't.

Jesus, don't wish your life away. Go visit a hospital & see how many people wish they could live.
ok that's uplifting. Seriously,thanks. Well, I've been through all kinds of hells, but I won't talk about it here. i'm relatively fine now, despite the fact that my newest thriumph is that my very next door neighbour, a man whom I've known for 40 years has passed away< yesterday. It was awful.his wife was screaming the entire night. I had no clue he was even ill, it all happened in an instant! So,upon screaming after midnight (and I had experiences with them,as well allother neighbours yelling, screaming, drilling, shouting, banging my entire life, so I finally broke down went out and shouted "hello! will you finally put a sock in it! It's after midnight!" and then heard he's passes away, so i turn out to be the bad guy again! On top of all that of course I'm still in shock because of his death.
RIP

LOL. Beatle said you were "pushing 40", but I knew you weren't.
ok I stand corrected. But Iknew he's 30 something, so i took a chance, I always do that. Maybe that's why I had such a dreadful life.

As a guess, it made sense: more likely I'm older than someone remembered than that I was such-and-such age when I started. It was abnormally young, to be sure, especially when you realize I obviously had to use my parents' credit card.

As a guess, it made sense: more likely I'm older than someone remembered than that I was such-and-such age when I started. It was abnormally young, to be sure, especially when you realize I obviously had to use my parents' credit card.
So wait a minute...you were some sort of informatics (computer science) prodigy?

Nah, but I did know some prodigies. Kids who knew way more than I did at the same age. Some of them have gone on to do some pretty cool things, too. In my case it was more that I liked computers and had parents open-minded enough to let me dedicate a lot of time to it at a young age.

Nah, but I did know some prodigies. Kids who knew way more than I did at the same age. Some of them have gone on to do some pretty cool things, too. In my case it was more that I liked computers and had parents open-minded enough to let me dedicate a lot of time to it at a young age.
Is this a 24/7 thing for you or can you keep business hours, as it were?

Is Loner still around? He's always on invisible and usually a night owl, so I never really know when he's on, but last I checked he was a mod. One of my favorites, too.
He's been around a bit more lately, actually, yeah. Not as much as before, but more than before.

Is this a 24/7 thing for you or can you keep business hours, as it were?
Well, I own it, so it's up to me, and it's not my living, so I don't need to put in any particular amount of effort to get by. If you're asking how often I need to check in to keep it free or spam or flame wars, it can vary a lot, but stuff comes up after business hours pretty regularly. I check in dozens of times a day, though sometimes just long enough to make sure nothing's exploded.

The mods do a great job, though, and the anti-spam measures we have in place, some of which rely on the community to report things, are very effective, so that helps a lot.