HOF Organization Thread

Tools    

Anybody up for some sort of Oscar HOF in the future? Like a best actor or best actress winner HOF?
Think that's a good idea except IMO, the main problem with the HOF's right now is that they are too english-langauge driven. You wanting to run that will push it up the list coz we know you are reliable but it kinda kills me that it's going to be an english language only HOF. I know it's not english-only but it basically is since it's the oscars.

Well whatever i'll join obviously.

Anybody up for some sort of Oscar HOF in the future? Like a best actor or best actress winner HOF?
I haven't joined a Hall of Fame but this sounds like a good idea and I would join if it happens

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

What if the Oscar HoF wasn't limited to just the Oscars, but included some other prestigious film awards as well, just to add a bit more variety? Or alternatively, we could also have a Film Festival Award Winner HoF or something.

Let the night air cool you off
I'd like to run the fifth shorts hall of fame starting at the beginning of July. I'm assuming the fourth will be wrapped up by then. Is that cool with everyone?

Let the night air cool you off
For those interested: I plan on starting a thread for the fifth short film hall of fame rather soon. My plan is to have the nomination reveal on the first Monday of July.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Alright, since the two current HoF's are near completion we've had talk about the next ones.
I do see that there would have been a spaghetti western but neiba isn't around, so is anyone interested in following up and/or hosting that?

We have talk about doing a Cary Grant HoF with the strong possibility of CR hosting that, so we can discuss that.
Also, I see that CR had a tentative 30's HoF in the later works slot. I've been considering doing a 70's, is there any interest in that? Or, if CR is good with it, would it be cool if I throw my hat in the ring for a 30's should there be a stronger interest in that?

Finally, there was someone's interest in running the nex, 14th HoF, so, where does that stand?

....We have talk about doing a Cary Grant HoF with the strong possibility of CR hosting that, so we can discuss that.
I'm doing it in Sept, either middle of the month or end of the month.

Also, I see that CR had a tentative 30's HoF in the later works slot. I've been considering doing a 70's, is there any interest in that? Or, if CR is good with it, would it be cool if I throw my hat in the ring for a 30's should there be a stronger interest in that?
Sure Ed, I'd be cool if you want to host a 30s Hof (we should probably do more than one anyway, I was going to do one but not for like half a year). And if you want to host a 70s Hof or any type of Hof, you should host! You're very enthusiastic and as long as a host doesn't give up on their own Hof, then enthusiasm is all one needs.

I believe Swan offered to run Grant's.
I think you mean the Spaghetti Western Hof.

cool beans.
On the front page it shows neiba doing the spaghetti westerns.

We'll see when @rauldc14 wants to do the 14th and I remember you saying you were looking at mid September for the Cary Grant HoF, correct, CR?
Just read CR's note about doing a few at time, so I could probably start in the middle of September tentatively
So. A 30's or a 70's. Any preferences, everyone??

Oh, I forgot to mention @Camo had a great idea about one with we nominate something we've always wanted to see and haven't. So we should throw that into the mix as well

that sounds great. I'll definitely be in the 14th.
So I may go for the middle of September then.
I'll wait a bit and see which decade works better for everyone.

...I could probably start in the middle of September tentatively...
That's great Ed, we need new people to host, so glad you're up for this Mid Sept sounds like a great time to start.

I think I will delay the Cary Grant Hof until maybe October or November. I don't want to join 3 Hofs at a time...AND I do want to join yours! and the 14th too!...I've hosted plenty, so it's no big deal for me to wait a bit. Besides that way maybe you'll get more members in yours.

So what Hof are you doing, have you decided? Let us know so I can send you a nom I'm going off on vacation and don't want to miss out

sounds great. I'd like to see WHICH decade as the bigger interest at this time. 70's or the 30's. I honestly can't choose.
Either way I should probably post a thread in late August and get it going in the middle of September.