Filmmaker Swan

Tools    

I just watched How I Learned to Fly, and it surpassed my expectations by lightyears. It felt to me like Napoleon Dynamite meets The Neon Demon. Loved the music and the humble awkwardness.
Hey thanks Zotis! That's actually one of my personal least favorites of what I've done, but I'm glad you liked it.

Let the night air cool you off
You already have the ability to make interesting art, and that is more than half the battle. You already make actually good pieces of music, and not in a relative to how long you've been doing it type of way. It's actually good. Now your films are definitely interesting, and I expect them to only get better and more interesting. Out of the few I watched, most of them already visually look great. I am looking forward to watching all of these little shorts and vignettes you've made. I just watched a couple to cleanse my palate after watching some historically acclaimed short films that did a terrible job of holding my interest. So you should probably feel good that I'd rather watch your shorts than those of a deserving legend of cinema in Maya Deren.

No I haven't. Could be interesting, but I do like fictional filmmaking a lot.
Construct a narrative from the answers you get from these people. You can probably make something very interesting out of what you get.

You already have the ability to make interesting art, and that is more than half the battle. You already make actually good pieces of music, and not in a relative to how long you've been doing it type of way. It's actually good. Now your films are definitely interesting, and I expect them to only get better and more interesting. Out of the few I watched, most of them already visually look great. I am looking forward to watching all of these little shorts and vignettes you've made. I just watched a couple to cleanse my palate after watching some historically acclaimed short films that did a terrible job of holding my interest. So you should probably feel good that I'd rather watch your shorts than those of a deserving legend of cinema in Maya Deren.
Dude you're amazing. Thank you.

Dude you're amazing. Thank you.
Don't be silly, you are the one who is doing something amazing. I had the courage to compliment you, you have the courage to make art and then allow other people to see it and hear it and then tell you what they think of it. Do you know how many posts I delete just because I am too embarrassed to leave it there because I hate how it looks? I don't know the actual number, but I am sure it's higher than giraffe ****.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Dude, what justin said. Goodluck mate. See you soon!

I've posted this in here twice before and deleted it. I'm working on my first serious short film. It's no-budget and just using equipment I already have and some friends/family (although I got a boom mic set-up and ND filter for it... so maybe not so no-budget?), so when I say my first "serious attempt" I'm talking script-to-screen, putting a lot of real effort into it, etc. We've been working on it for a month now and there is still a way to go. Been a great learning experience. I could talk a lot about it but, for once, I won't.

What I will say is we started with iPhone and quickly switched to DSLR. Thank goodness I did. Soderbergh and Baker may be able to get something out of a phone, but a noob like me sure as hell can't. Not too into iPhone filmmaking anymore. Between it and DSLR, DSLR is not only better image quality but also far more reliable. Hopefully one day I can try 16mm film. But for now...

Yo dude I just saw this thread for the first time. Did you take off all the videos from the original post cuz I couldn't find any when I hit the links? Whatever film you make I promise you I will watch, and I won't even pirate it

Good to hear from you TONGO. Yeah, I did delete them. They were all just little experiments I would do with my buddies - I mean, we honestly would just take out my phone and spend an hour or less making a little movie, most of the time. So you're not missing out on much. The one I'm doing now I'm far more passionate about.

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labours at some point in the future dude!