Movie Tab

Tools    

MovieForums Extra
Ahh, I see it's catching on pretty quickly!!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Eh, I've been down with DivX for maybe over a year now. I was hip to DivX before the internet was on computers!

Oh I watched Romeo Must Die Saturday night.

Watched Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert Deniro today.

Well, I rented some movies yesterday and watched them. I saw:

The Muppet Movie (A Classic)
The Tao of Steve (I enjoyed it. Was pretty funny)
Wonder Boys (Enjoyed it, though it deviated from the book a good deal)
The Contender (Got bored and turned it off before it was over)

MovieForums Extra
Well, at least you're not one of those people who fall for the huge hype about nothing!

I can pretend that things last.
Saw American Beauty

It was pretty average from my point of view.

MovieForums Extra
I saw three movies today, The Blair Witch Project, Whatever it Takes and the Shawshank Redemption...

Being the first time that I've ever seen the Blair Witch, I found it pretty scary! Just one question, was the footage real or was it re-shot according to the original? I find that it would be pretty hard to act something like that convincingly!!

Originally posted by Zephyrus
I saw three movies today, The Blair Witch Project, Whatever it Takes and the Shawshank Redemption...

Being the first time that I've ever seen the Blair Witch, I found it pretty scary! Just one question, was the footage real or was it re-shot according to the original? I find that it would be pretty hard to act something like that convincingly!!
I'm not sure I totally understand the question, but here's what happened:

The three actors knew what was going on in the broader sense of things, but they did not know about many of the details. For example: they were told to be at certain places in the woods on certain days, but that was about it.

The directors would throw rocks in the distance and run up to their tent and ruffle it to mess around with them: things like that. So all in all, it is semi-real. I'm sure they became a bit burned out, and didn't know what to expect next, but they also knew it wasn't real.

The Legend of 1900. A small interesting picture about a great piano player (Tim Roth) who was born on a ship and chose never to leave it.

Hey, you see a lot of flicks. I thought I saw a lot, but you guys see more! I like high-toned snooty movies, and science fiction and funny stuff and exciting stuff but not much on chickflicks. This month (can't come up to scratch on this everyday stuff, sorry,) I saw Angels and insects on TV (again again, loved it again again) saw Hannibal & hated it - tho I love tony hopkins, saw O Brother Where Are thou and thought it was a BLAST, saw Blow & hated it. all my picks are in my sisterinlaw's e-zine at freelookbookstore.com come read my stuff & see if you agree. okay? And if not, thats ok too. Good Luck. Didn't you love Crouching Tiger & if not why not!
Love to all
Jozie

Fell asleep through Angels & Insectisides, don't know why really -- I like period pictures. And what do you mean by snooty, high-toned pictures, Josie? Merchant Ivory stuff?

CURRENT FILMS I LIKE: HANNIBAL, BRIDGET JONES' DIARY, ENEMY AT THE GATES, CROUCHING TIGER. Haven't been out to see much else, although I just saw an er, unauthorized video of FREDDY GOT FINGERED. What a shockingly bad movie (and I couldn't finish it) -- this thing should enter the lists as THE WORST MOVIE SINCE ELI WHITNEY INVENTED THE COTTON GIN.

Hi Pigsnie, Thanks for your note. What are snooty movies? Hmm, depends on where you live. (Just moved to Florida and it seems like here snooty is anything that's not bubble gum. Missing Denver movies just now) But I like foreign flicks -- "King of Masks" is out on tape now. "Vincent and Theo" had bad tape quality, but otherwise, it was very touching. Saw "Gods and Monsters" a year or so back and liked that one, creepy though it was. Dunno -- my buds just keep telling me I only like snooty movies. What can I say?

Recently I've seen "Hannibal" (do yourself a fave and miss that one!) and 'Pollack" (really interesting. honestly tried to show what it was like to be an artist -- I mean other than the booze&babes aspect we've come to expect.) Saw "Blow" (Johnny Depp is really cute, but the flick was just wasted time). Liked "O Brother Where art thou."

Love to all,

Jozie

I watch Bowfinger last night. Still a very funny movie, in my opinion (even after three or four viewings).

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Ok through the course of Friday night to today I watched:
Pitch Black
Sleepy Hollow
The Frighteners
Ravenous
Starship Troopers
Transformers
Gladiator
And today I saw One Night at McCools.