Movie Tab

Tools    

Goldfinger is definitely a classic.

I love the bit when Bond works out to incredible accuracy for how long the gold will be contaminated... and they GF corrects him!

LOL!

MovieForums Extra
I saw two good movies today, and I was surprised...

The first one was Jacob The Liar with Robin Williams, has anyone seen it? I think it's a great movie, and I was really surprised to see it on pay tv, as I'm pretty sure it missed out in the cinema here two years ago...does anyone know if it went well in the box office and with critics??

The other one was the Thirteenth Floor, it's very much like the Matrix, but a slightly different concept...still liked it though )

X-Men today.

A love that film. Shame they didn't make Rogue as fit and foxy as she is in the cartoon...

But Jean Gray will do... for now .

Originally posted by Zephyrus
I saw two good movies today, and I was surprised...

The first one was Jacob The Liar with Robin Williams, has anyone seen it? I think it's a great movie, and I was really surprised to see it on pay tv, as I'm pretty sure it missed out in the cinema here two years ago...does anyone know if it went well in the box office and with critics??
Jakob The Liar did poorly at the box office and was panned in all the reviews I read. I didn't see it, though.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
This weekend I watched: Alien Resurrection, Renissance Man, Strret Fighter, and Starship Troopers.

I just got back from seeing Heartbreakers.

MovieForums Extra
That's very surprising about Jacob the Liar...has anyone else seen it?!

I got Meet the Parents on DVD yesterday and watched it (I saw it in the theaters, so it wasn't new to me or anything).

I'm planning on seeing Momento this weekend in Austin.

Shakespeare In Love. Noted with especial interest that Ms. Paltrow's little breasts are pointed, rather like the swelling prow of a Viking ship. I wonder that Joseph Fiennes didn't get puncture wounds. The "stage acting" was also a little too naturalistic for the age; acting then was mostly declaiming one's lines to the worm-eaten rafters. And what the dickens was Ben Affleck doing in here? I suppose he wanted the word "Shakespeare" somewhere in his credits, because he certainly can't act.

Otherwise, a very good movie -- I know a lot of people don't like Ms. Paltrow, but I like her here very much. And in EMMA with Jeremy Northam.

MovieForums Extra
Saw Mobsters today (the one with Christian Slater as Lucky Luciano)...of course, it doesn't even begin to compare to the Godfather, but I still liked it anyway! I'm a huge fan of gangster movies

I watched "What About Bob?" the other day. A good comedy with Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfus.

Last of the Mohicans with Daniel Day Lewis. Better than THE PATRIOT.

Just watched North by Northwest (first time ever, it cut off right at the end, though! I guess the last few minutes were taped over), and then "Dial 'M' For Murder", for maybe the fifth time.

The other day I watched Dumb and Dumber, and Tommy Boy.

Right now I am watching Almost Heros.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Through the course of Sunday night I watched The Faculty, Road Trip, Blade, Princess Mononokoe, and Full Metal Jacket twice.