2014 Box Office Challenge III

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Welcome aboard Theo. We have a decent variety of picks going. Each round I think we are going to have a lot more crossover than we actually do. There are always a couple that everyone jumps on board with. Maybe something to think about in the future is voting on and throwing out the top two "obvious" choices. What do you guys think about that for next time?

Also thanks to the Inherent Vice folks this thing probably will not end till March since it doesn't release wide till January.
I don't know if I have enough of a handle on this yet to have much of an opinion on that. I won't put up a fuss either way.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Ok I've not really had the time to investigate the films at all, and also it's nearly impossible to find budgets ahead of time making it very difficult to predict how successful they'll be. Anyway I'll just take a shot with -

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
Hunger Games: Mockingjay
Penguins of Madagascar
Interstellar
Ouija

I have some concerns about Interstellar and was set to leave it out because I couldn't find out the budget but feel it could be quite astronomical, somewhere in the $200 million range or over, meaning I'm not sure how much scope for profit is left. Was considering Gone Girl and Dumb and Dumber To as safer bets to make smallish profits but stuck with it.

And for my last one I took a punt with Ouija as I was able to find out it apparently only has a $5 million budget so could make a tidy little profit.

I just picked stuff out. I didn't do any research at all. Let's see if blind chance works better. Feeling quite good today, though, so I'll try and pick a good bomb for someone.

Alright Jaydee us going to still pick, I think. In the meantime we can start some bombs. Since me and Rauldc have the exact same picks, I am going to bomb him with Dracula Untold.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I've never actually bombed anyone in the previous rounds. Can a film only be used once? For example I was also going to use Dracula Untold but is that gone now?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm giving Teeter Dumb and Dumber To. That may be a dumb move, but I read something that makes me think maybe it's not.