2015 Box Office Challenge Round I

Tools    

Week 12:

$54,000,000

Home did decent but none of us had faith in this particular animation. Wouldn't have ended up helping anyone too much, but certainly going to perform better than a few we chose.

Leader board is updated in the second post. Goodies is still giving us all a proper beat down. Four more weeks to go.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Week 12:

Leader board is updated in the second post. Goodies is still giving us all a proper beat down. Four more weeks to go.

Can someone please tell me what I did right this time so I can figure out how to do it again?

Can someone please tell me what I did right this time so I can figure out how to do it again?
Honestly, you picked pretty well and weren't bombed with anything really destructive. Personally I didn't see either Cinderella or Kingmen doing the business they are. I didn't think they'd bomb, but I really didn't see Cinerella in particular making the money it is.

Honestly, you picked pretty well and weren't bombed with anything really destructive. Personally I didn't see either Cinderella or Kingmen doing the business they are. I didn't think they'd bomb, but I really didn't see Cinerella in particular making the money it is.

I don't really remember what made me pick a couple of those movies. I picked Cinderella because the trailer looked good, and I wanted to see it, and I picked Kingsman because the synopsis on IMDB sounded good. I think the other three were basically just shots in the dark based on listening to what you guys were saying about the movies because none of them sounded good to me. (Although Fifty Shades Of Grey was kind of a no-brainer.)

Well, being good has little if anything to do with it. Otherwise I wouldn't usually be able to muster up five nominations. Especially for the summer.

2015 Round I Winner:

$1,302,894,000

Congratulations Gbgoodies. You were in control of this round pretty early. Usually there is that one thing that propels the victor. For Gbgoodies it was the foresight that Kingsman would be a hit. Only her and Zotis picked it and it was the third biggest earner of the round.

Check out the full leader board and the top five movie earners for this round in the second post. I wasn't really looking forward to this round because the beginning of the year is where a lot of garbage gets thrown but I think it turned out to be fun because of that. Besides Fifty Shades it wasn't easy to predict and it made it more challenging I think. Great job Gbgoodies. She has said a couple times that she doesn't know a lot about box office, I think she Paul Newman-ed us.

Master of My Domain
Ahem, is there a silver medal for 2nd place?

Congrats, GBG, Kingsman was a great film but I never imagined it would be a box office hit.

Ahem, is there a silver medal for 2nd place?

Congrats, GBG, Kingsman was a great film but I never imagined it would be a box office hit.
You passed the host, so no medal for you buddy.

2015 Round I Winner:

$1,302,894,000

Congratulations Gbgoodies. You were in control of this round pretty early. Usually there is that one thing that propels the victor. For Gbgoodies it was the foresight that Kingsman would be a hit. Only her and Zotis picked it and it was the third biggest earner of the round.

Check out the full leader board and the top five movie earners for this round in the second post. I wasn't really looking forward to this round because the beginning of the year is where a lot of garbage gets thrown but I think it turned out to be fun because of that. Besides Fifty Shades it wasn't easy to predict and it made it more challenging I think. Great job Gbgoodies. She has said a couple times that she doesn't know a lot about box office, I think she Paul Newman-ed us.

Thank you. I know you don't believe me, but I really don't know much about box office numbers. I basically picked Kingsman because I read the description on IMDB and it sounded interesting. Cinderella was another movie that I picked just because the trailer looked good. The rest of the picks seemed like pretty easy choices.