Best Movie Ever... the 50s... Final

Tools    

North by Northwest v On the Waterfront

On the Waterfront

North by Northwest
"That wasn't very sporting, using real bullets."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
North by Northwest
Same.

i KNOW north by northwest is a terrific movie, but like chris.....it's not a favorite of mine....it is however my pick.

Close this one guys.

North by Northwest makes it to the final round

PHILLIP VANDAMM (James Mason): Has anyone ever told you that you tend to overplay your various roles rather severely, Mr. Kaplan? First you're the outraged Madison Avenue man who claims he's been mistaken for someone else. Then you play the fugitive from justice, supposedly trying to clear his name of a crime he knows he didn't commit. Now you play the peevish lover, stung by jealously and betrayal. Seems to me you fellows could stand a little less training from the FBI and a little more from the Actor's Studio.

ROGER O. THORNHILL (Cary Grant): Apparently the only performance that will satisfy you is when I play dead.

PHILLIP VANDAMM: Your very next role. You'll be quite convincing, I assure you.