Best animated Movie?

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I think the best animated movie made was a paritally animated movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Considering when this movie was made it was a breakthrough. I even find it funny today. I love this movie.

That movie is hillarous...

"Say, where is your brother anyway? He looks like a sensible and and SOBER fellow..."

My choice, however, would have to be "The Prince of Egypt"...I love that movie. Well done, fairly true to history, good music, and very colorful.

You should! It's a fine movie...not Disney, either...Pixar I believe. They did a fantastic job. Very catchy music...all well-written. Even the slower-stuff has you humming all day.

The Lion King.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Oh my god, Pixar made that?? Wow.

Well, my top cartoons are on the older side too. I'm not really for these modern ones. Things kind of stopped for me at Aladdin and that was only good cause of Robin Williams. My "definitive" list:

The Little Mermaid (first one I ever saw in a theater and YES, I still know ALL the lyrics ...)

The Sword in the Stone (damned hilarious - you've got to see the part where Merlin poofs his beard)

Snow White freaked me out but I guess it was good ... you know all those old cartoons were actually more adult than the ones today ... meant more for the adults than the kids

And Vampire Hunter D is the first anime I ever saw, so I have a soft spot reserved for it in my heart ...

My favorites have already been said, but I think I'll say them again.

The best animated movie I think is The Prince of Egypt. It's a great movie, wonderful music, and it doesn't seem like the normal animated film...it seems a little more real to me. And even if you don't believe anything about the Bible, and have never read that story in the bible - it's still a wonderful movie.

My other favorite is The Lion King. I have no clue why I like it so much, but I do. Although I havn't seen it in about 4 years - I think I'll watch it again sometime.

So, those are my two favorite animated movies.

John

Didn't see it.
I liked Toy Story. Prince of Egypt was pretty good though.

Prince of Eqypt wasn't Pixar. It was DreamWorks.

I've yet to see the Lion King. I really liked Aladdin, though. Roger Rabbit would be my favorite of the ones mentioned, with the Toy Storys close behind. (And I liked A Bug's Life, as well).

I saw Aladdin in the theaters, too, but I was 21 years-old when it came out. I took my then-three year-old son with me.

I think that Toy Story 2 and it's original was one of the best animated films. Toy Story 2 especially was so realistic that for once, honestly, I thought it was real live acting!

Never seek the wind in the field - it is useless to try and find what is gone - "Kane & Abel by Jeffery Archer"

If you think that was real, then you'll love "Final Fantasy"...it's based (loosely) on the popular video game series. They've got a bunch of supercomputers working on it, and it takes each of them an entire day to create one second of the film...

Checkout this still:
http://scifi.ign.com/media/fantasy.jpg

Isn't that amazing?

For me, itīs a toss-up between Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid. I am a Walt Disney fan so Hundred and One Dalmatians, Mulan and Tarzan are all close behind.

Who does Aki look like to you?
The media always says "a popular well known actress" I think she looks like Bridget Fonda. My friend says it's supposed to be Sandra Bulluck. Why don't they just say who she looks like anyway?

I'd have to say that the best animated movie is Toy Story with Shrek coming in a close close second. Toy Story is just do darn loveable and funny. It's a buddy movie and I love it. Shrek is just hilarious. I'm not really a big fan of animated works but these two are the best that I have seen.

Originally posted by sunfrog
Who does Aki look like to you?
The media always says "a popular well known actress" I think she looks like Bridget Fonda. My friend says it's supposed to be Sandra Bulluck. Why don't they just say who she looks like anyway?
Wha? I've never heard anyone say that. Do you have a link to some source online, or something? I'm not doubting you, just wondering. I suppose she looks a bit like Sandra Bullock...Bullock is more likely to be categorized as a "popular well known actress" than Fonda, at least. I doubt that Ross is really modeled after anyone specific, though.

Grave of the Fireflies is the best animated movie I've ever seen.

Honorable Mentions:
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • The Little Mermaid
The two FINEST representations of Disney's animation.
  • Toy Story 1 and 2
  • Shrek
Shrek coming before the two Toy Stories. All three are already classics, and the animation is terrific.

When you think about it, the term "realistic animation" is an oxymoron.

If Who Framed Roger Rabbit counts, then put that on my honorable mention list too.

I think animation is the purest form of the cinema, because it doesn't have to deal with "realism" at all. It can take you anywhere.

First of all, my favorite animated films are

The Little Mermaid
Toy Story

Although, I still haven't seen Shrek, and I hear it's fantastic.

Secondly, how can anyone say that THE LION KING is their favorite?? I think it's the worst, most racist animated film EVER! Not only that, it's a little propaganda from the GLAAD community to usurp power from African-Americans as the majority minority community. Completely rampant, and I think it's a travesty. Who REALLY knows what Hakunah Mattatah means, anyway?!?