Worst movie of the year?

Tools    

With 2016 recently closed, and 2017 recently opened, I think it's time we round up the worst movies of the year. In my opinion, 2016 was one of the worst years for mainstream movies in the past decade (although the indie scene really stepped up), and I think the pinnacle of that filth, was sausage party, now, before I start on my mini rant, I would like to say that i don't mind offensive humor, IF it is done right. My favorite comedian is Louis C.K., but Sausage Party was juvenile, repulsive, and Down-right stupid. I think what i hated most about it was how the symbolism was so blatant and in your face.

Welcome to the human race...
I would also single out Sausage Party as the worst 2016 movie I've seen so far. Can't stand it when parodies end up being just as inane as the movies they're riffing on.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
I would also single out Sausage Party as the worst 2016 movie I've seen so far. Can't stand it when parodies end up being just as inane as the movies they're riffing on.
I never thought I'd actually agree with you on anything, but yeah, that looks like one helluva terrible movie. I don't even wanna see it out of morbid curiosity.

I never thought I'd actually agree with you on anything, but yeah, that looks like one helluva terrible movie. I don't even wanna see it out of morbid curiosity.
Saw it in theaters with my family, i left halfway through and got a refund on my ticket. Went and watched Hidden Figures instead, brilliant movie.

Yeah, if you saw it you might end up giving it a

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Yeah, if you saw it you might end up giving it a
More like a
-
, I'm thinking. What did you give it, just outta curiosity?

Just making a joke about the high ratings there. Myself, I gave it a
, but I'm starting to wonder if it doesn't actually deserve a

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Awful film.

I think The Forest might be the worst film I've seen this year. The biggest disappointment could be The Hateful Eight or Suicide Squad.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Dishonorable Mentions
(Meet the Blacks, Purge: Election Year, The 5th Wave, Allegiant, Assassins Creed (sigh), Legend of Tarzan.)

10. Ben Hur
9. The Darkness
8. Fifty Shades of Black
7. When The Bough Breaks
6. Shut In
5. Gods of Egypt
4. Dissappointments Room
3. Max Steel
2. Norm of the North
1. Nine Lives

Happily I have long ago abandoned seeing movies with high probability of being horrendous.

From what I DID see, by far the biggest miss was Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk. Whether it is the same kind of bad as the likes of Dirty Grandpa, Gods of Egypt, Zoolander 2, Norm of the North, or the one where Kevin Spacey turns into a cat, I couldn't say. But Ang Lee's latest was shockingly inept.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Like Holden i rarely watch films that are likely going to be bad anymore, i've only watched movies i thought there was a chance i'd like from 2016. The only movie i'm tempted to see which is getting awful reviews is Bad Santa 2 because i love the first one.

Of the 26 i have seen the worst would be Captain Fantastic. I don't actually think it was bad just extremely mediocre outside Viggo's performance and there was a few things that annoyed me some of the dialogue especially.

Independence Day. Regurgitate

Hate the cinema, hate 3D, hated this, worst movie experience of my life, bar none, so much wrong with this movie, mostly it's clinging to the original film.. even Jeff Goldblum looked bored.

Of the 26 i have seen the worst would be Captain Fantastic. I don't actually think it was bad just extremely mediocre outside Viggo's performance and there was a few things that annoyed me some of the dialogue especially.
That is one of my favorite movies of the year. Love it.

And I have seen a lot more than twenty-six movies.

The Boy. Most of the movies I would consider bad were just kind of inoffensively stupid, (Bad Grandpa, for example,) but that one got under my skin for some reason, halfway due to the fact that it's ending more or less steals from a significantly better horror film.

Oh, and dolls just aren't scary. Well, at least not to me. Sorry, Child's Play.

Most disappointing movie I was expecting to love? That'd be a close tie between Suicide Squad, and American Honey.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Sausage Party was absolutely horrible. I'm a muslim but I don't mind jokes based on religion if they are smart (some of Gervais' early work for instance although his current stuff is packed full of a cruel agenda) however, just watching the first 30 minutes or so of sausage party and I wondered where all the laughs went? Much like many modern "edgy" comedians, there was a clear intention to offend but an inability to produce genuine laughs. Plus the voice acting all sounded the same to me so I had to turn it off lol

However, that still doesn't make it the worst movie of 2016. The one movie that offended me on every level, from the false advertising to the expectations and the acting and the direction and the fight scenes and so on was BvS!!! This really should have been the death knell to Snyders DC verse but nope, we got Suicide Squad too smh

BvS
Sausage Party
Suicide Squad (redeemed somewhat by Smith)

I can't list more than that because I steered clear of movies I knew would be bad. In fact I knew deep down SS would suffer the same fate as BvS but got dragged along to watch it.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Not even watch or dig many but regret have for BvS, XmenApocalypse, Suicide Squad, and ofc sausage party. I mean those was prominent names in a way mass appeal but it suck at it best.
Also tho' not the worst in my humble opinion, found deadpool just plain average, in other word an overrated one.

This might just do nobody any good.
Suicide Squad: "hey, everyone likes juggalos, right?" - actual Warner Bros. executive.

Sausage Party: it's not racist if they all f**k in the end.