Your Favorite Thrillers?

Tools    

Recently saw 10 Cloverfield Lane and Midnight Special both really good films and I love them. I was looking around to see if I could find any more new similar thrillers, found a couple that looks exceptionally good!!!

THE WELL
www.imdb.com/title/tt3316624

DON'T BREATHE
www.imdb.com/title/tt4160708

Add your own Favorite Old & New Promising Thrillers!!!

I'm really looking forward to The Well.

There are too many good Thrillers to choose from. But I'll pick one out of the hat and say Triangle. The one I think has the most promise (if it's ever released) would be Neill Blomkamp's Alien film. I saw the concept art and it looks amazing. I think he has a real shot at giving us an Alien film worthy of being part of the franchise.

That's quite a large pot to pick from and Midnight Special is a science fiction drama, Morgan is a science fiction horror thriller and 10 Cloverfield lane is a fantasy mystery...

I'm not sure I'd class Triangle as a straight up thriller either to be honest but that's just me

The first thing I thought of was Cape Fear (1991)

That's quite a large pot to pick from and Midnight Special is a science fiction drama, Morgan is a science fiction horror thriller and 10 Cloverfield lane is a fantasy mystery...

I'm not sure I'd class Triangle as a straight up thriller either to be honest but that's just me

Considering Cascade's post this isn't meant to be a pure Thriller thread. Just any film that fits in the Thriller category or according to imdb mentions Thriller at all. Triangle fits both. I was actually expecting someone to tell me "Alien isn't a Thriller!".

Don't overthink it.

Basic instinct
Sleeping with the enemy
Internal affairs

I'm really looking forward to The Well.

There are too many good Thrillers to choose from. But I'll pick one out of the hat and say Triangle. The one I think has the most promise (if it's ever released) would be Neill Blomkamp's Alien film. I saw the concept art and it looks amazing. I think he has a real shot at giving us an Alien film worthy of being part of the franchise.
Me too, really looking forward to The Well!!!

Cape Fear is one of the best thrillers out there, brilliant suggestion! Any more in that style?

Basic instinct
Sleeping with the enemy
Internal affairs
I have seen Basic Instinct it's awesome, one of my favorite films of all time, great suggestion... Haven't seen Sleeping With The Enemy or Internal Affairs, I checked them out, looks promising, absolutely putting them on my watch list. Thanks!!!

Wait Until Dark (1967)
One of my all-time favorites

Films and films
Eastern promises

That's an unexpected suggestion, looks and sounds intriguing - so is it really good compared to other classics - or does it actually hold up to more modern thrillers?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That's an unexpected suggestion, looks and sounds intriguing - so is it really good compared to other classics - or does it actually hold up to more modern thrillers?

Give it a try. It's one of my all-time favorite thrillers. IMO, it's better than modern thrillers. It's scary, but it's not a gory horror movie. Alan Arkin was robbed of an Oscar for his performance in this movie.

what lies beneath
irreversible
the hole
the others
the grey
the secret in their eyes (the spanish one)
What Lies Beneath is an exceptionally good movie, and so is The Others - maybe not full on thrillers but definitely great films!!!

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
in no particular order:
The Departed
The Silence of the Lambs
Se7en
No Country for Old Men
Zodiac
The Game
Mystic River
Valkyrie
Rear Window
Demolition
Crash