Sucker Punch

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
This was mentioned in The Batman vs Superman thread, so I gave it a shot last night. Five minutes in, I was thinking that Snyder definitely has skills when it comes to conveying ideas in a cinematic way. 60 minutes in, I was thinking that Snyder can't write films, at all. he clearly has skills when it comes to putting visuals together, albeit in a totally plastic and stylized way, but this film comes apart at the seams and then disintegrates completely after a while.

I try to look at it the way PN mentioned above, and I do see those elements in the mix, but the execution is poor. The fantasy/reality juxtaposition could have been handled more elegantly and in a far less confusing way. Much of it just comes off as random. I understood what Babydoll was doing as far as suppressing her reality, but it just wasn't handled well.

Overall, just sort of a big ol mess.

This was mentioned in The Batman vs Superman thread, so I gave it a shot last night. Five minutes in, I was thinking that Snyder definitely has skills when it comes to conveying ideas in a cinematic way. 60 minutes in, I was thinking that Snyder can't write films, at all. he clearly has skills when it comes to putting visuals together, albeit in a totally plastic and stylized way, but this film comes apart at the seams and then disintegrates completely after a while.

I try to look at it the way PN mentioned above, and I do see those elements in the mix, but the execution is poor. The fantasy/reality juxtaposition could have been handled more elegantly and in a far less confusing way. Much of it just comes off as random. I understood what Babydoll was doing as far as suppressing her reality, but it just wasn't handled well.

Overall, just sort of a big ol mess.

Yeah this review seems spot-on. I was so surprised when this movie sucked. While were at it LETS TALK ABOUT BATMAN VS SUPERMAN SOME MORE

Even though the casting in BvsS is possibly the one of the worst casting jobs on a superhero movie, all the negative attention its getting Ill bet will be from the "story". Hes borrowing alot from Frank Millers Dark Knight, so it all wont be worthless.

Yeah, I guess the biggest problem with "Sucker Punch" was that fantasy had barely anything to do with reality. Better approach in such movies is when fantasy/ reality is less clearly defined. Though I liked reality part of the movie and visuals were rather good.