Sucker Punch

Tools    

Watchmen whom a lot of people criticized that was nothing like the comic book
No. Watchmen failed because it was EXACTLY like the comic book. Shot by shot. This is Snyder's fail. Comic books don't translate to films like storyboards. This is a stupid idea that sounds good but fails when actually executed to its fullest extent. The last comic book adaption I saw was Uzumaki, a mild but successfully done adaptation of Ito's amazing manga. There were no recreated frames, but it felt the same as Ito's manga. Film is not a representative medium. It is, as Godard said, "truth twenty-four frames per minute". Comic books have five to six frames per page.

I agree with "The Next Big Thing" the cast does look mighty fine. Im interested to see this movie, I hope its good. The trailer was great!

When I first heard the title for this movie, I couldn't help but think of Bitch Slap.

This is currently the movie that I'm most looking forward to in 2011.

Interesting. Doesn't look like something I'd rush to the theaters to see but I'll check it out eventually.

Zack Snyder is a young, promising director. His first two movies were good (Dawn of the Dead, 300). I look forward to his directing career.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Zack Snyder is a young, promising director. His first two movies were good (Dawn of the Dead, 300). I look forward to his directing career.
Dawn of the Dead, yes. 300, not so much. He redeemed himself with Watchmen, though.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I agree with Spud.
Watchmen proved that he can be really good.

Dawn of the Dead was surprisingly good, but I didn't care for the sprinting zombies.. I like my zombies dragging their feet with good ol' rigor mortis.

300 was something I don't care for much, really enjoyable as a one time watch.

Watchmen was adapted really well, considering watchmen isn't something that easy to adapt..

Sucker Punch looks like every nerd's fantasy combined together into an orgy of awesomeness...i can't wait!

King of Couch Potatoes
I'm definitely eager to see Sucker Punch too. I really like Snyder's work (most of it at least) and Sucker Punch just looks full of awesome in the trailers. It's one of my more anticipated movies of the year really.

I don't go out of my way to see these trailers and just happened to finally see one on TV last night. Looks terrific.

Watchmen i didnt find all that good, 300 i loved and this i don't know what to say it looks abit crazy.