16.67%
7 votes
John McCain/Sarah Palin
16.67%
7 votes
Other
42 votes. You may not vote on this poll

**** McCain and **** Palin.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Here is my mini essay on why you should not vote for McCain and Palin:

If America thought Bush was bad, you won'tbeleve what will happen if McCain dies and Palin becomes president.

Im not joking here folks, Palin knows nothing about politics. Have you seen those interviews shes done???

She hardly has ANY experiance at all. She would be fine for perhaps a mayor of a small to medium city BUT there is no way she should be vice (or potentualy presedent) of the biggest country in the world.

Although this has not been confirmed but aparently she did an interview once and when she was asked what she is going to do about Alaska's high school drop out rate been realy high she responded not by saying any thing about putting more money into schools or making new programs to get kids to go to school, BUT she said that kids that want to drop out of school should personaly call her and she would convinve them not to.

Now ask your self do you realy want a person like that pretty much running the world???

I mean personaly im fine with Johnny but even though i can't vote, i wouldn't vote for him simply because of Palin. I garantee you that there are college/high school students that know more about pollitics and forign affairs than Palin.

So please for the love of good vote for Obama!

Dear god. Okay I just highlighted every word you misspelled. Dear god. I agree with you, but learn how to spell president. Or at least learn how to use spell check. Makes you seem more intelligent and credible.

But yes, vote Obama.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Intelligent.

Wow.... what do you know... if I remove these [i] from your original post, the system edits your post just like it was meant to.... Don't try to slide around the rules again. I will ban you.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am burdened with glorious purpose
7thson, you should be embarassed for posting that. What is that supposed to tell us?

First off, he never said it was "shot down." He never said there was "fire." Was it a poor way of putting the story together? Yes, but his point is that in the area between Afganistan and Pakistan is where Al-Q is. Can it be considered an exaggeration? Sure, but he never lied. Biden is a man who is rather "full of himself" at times, but he is also described as someone who would laugh at his own gaffes.

I just love how this has gotten so much press. I gather it is the media's way of "fair play." Oh, Palin misspoke, let's find something Biden said!

Besides, Biden often has his gaffes. He has even admitted to them, in one instance saying he was unprepared. And if you want to criticize -- hey, think about the last 8 years! Gaffes doesn't even describe what we've had to suffer under Bush.

I turned off your last little video when the man referred to Obama's middle name. By doing that, whoever that was is a petty partisan with no credibility whatsoever. Using that talking point is so transparent.. I have to wonder why you would use it.

Biden has 36 years experience as a Senator and is Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. And you may disagree with things he has said, but this man does have a lot of knowledge regarding foreign relations.

Palin doesn't even remotely have the same years of experience. Stop this ridiculous comparison. Understand that the fear people have about Palin is based, in large part, on her evangelical leanings, along with her total lack of experience.

7thson, you should be embarassed for posting that. What is that supposed to tell us?

I am not embarassed at all.

WHY?

I spent time in Iraq, I spent time in Kuwait, I spent time in other places that were hostile because of actual danger from others not snow. If he said forced down because of inclimate weather then I would be fine with that. He purposely misled viewers, purposely.

That is weak!

It tells "US" that this guy is a fake, and has no respect for those that truly fight on the front lines. What a crock!

Embarassed? Biden should be beside himself with shame.

He never said he was shot down! Did you not get that part?

And it most certainly does not tell us he has no respect for soldiers. How can you even make that jump? Wow. He's a fake???

I guess I understand you now. This explains why you posted that third video.

He never said he was shot down! Did you not get that part?

Did you get my point? He never said he was not.

That 3rd viedo was meant for Biden not Obama, so only look at what I was relating to in ref' to Biden. This is my rant against Biden, not Obama.

Did you get my point? He never said he was not.

That 3rd viedo was meant for Biden not Obama, so only look at what I was relating to in ref' to Biden. This is my rant against Biden, not Obama.
And the man said "Obama Hussein." So why should I even consider anything that man has to say? It's partisan b.s. when they pull that crap.

And I still cannot believe that you would assume he has no respect for the soldiers. I abhor Bush and I don't even believe that of him. And I hold him responsible.

You posted a clip from a Palin interview and used it as a launching pad for scathing ridicule, and 7th should be "embarassed" for pointing out that Biden has said far, far dumber things than Palin? How on earth is this not a double standard?

First off, he never said it was "shot down." He never said there was "fire." Was it a poor way of putting the story together? Yes, but his point is that in the area between Afganistan and Pakistan is where Al-Q is. Can it be considered an exaggeration? Sure, but he never lied. Biden is a man who is rather "full of himself" at times, but he is also described as someone who would laugh at his own gaffes.
Firstly, there is no shortage of unspinnable gaffes to choose from, so quibbling about one in particular misses the point. Secondly, I don't see how Biden laughing at his own gaffes changes the point. It makes me like him a little more as a person, but that's about it. And thirdly, notice how much benefit of the doubt you give him. With Palin, everything's a "lie." With Biden, it's an "exaggeration." I refuse to believe you don't see the problem with this.

This is when politics starts to get ugly: when we inflate everything the other side does, and conveniently deflate what our own side does. Seems to me that's how people start becoming hardened partisans: when they start talking themselves into double standards without even realizing it.

I just love how this has gotten so much press. I gather it is the media's way of "fair play." Oh, Palin misspoke, let's find something Biden said!
They don't have to "find" anything -- he serves them up every week, and there are tons floating around. If anything, they've strangely avoided the issues which killed his Presidential runs, as if mere time excused them.

If you think verbal missteps don't matter, I'd largely agree with you, but that standard should be applied evenly.
Besides, Biden often has his gaffes. He has even admitted to them, in one instance saying he was unprepared. And if you want to criticize -- hey, think about the last 8 years! Gaffes doesn't even describe what we've had to suffer under Bush.
What does that have to do with it? Allow me to dramatize with a fictional conversation:

You: "Look at how stupid Palin is!"
7th: "Biden's said stupid things, too."
You: "Oh yeah? Well, BUSH IS TERRIBLE!"

You don't like Bush; OK, we get it. The fact that you really, really, really don't like him doesn't somehow make him relevant to every discussion taking place.
Biden has 36 years experience as a Senator and is Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. And you may disagree with things he has said, but this man does have a lot of knowledge regarding foreign relations.

Palin doesn't even remotely have the same years of experience. Stop this ridiculous comparison.
Please point me to an instance in which anyone has suggested Palin has a comparable level of experience with Joe Biden. Otherwise, I have no idea what point you're trying to make

The comparison being made is with everyone who cherry-picks Palin interview snippets and tries to pretend they serve as a standalone indicment of the woman. It's flipping that logic to expose its absurdity.
Understand that the fear people have about Palin is based, in large part, on her evangelical leanings, along with her total lack of experience.
She was a Governor approximately as long as Obama was a Senator (longer, when you consider the fact that many of his days weren't spent in session, whereas a Governor does not have comparable reprieves). There is simply no way whatsoever to criticize Palin's inexperience and ignore Obama's simultaneously.

Fearing her based on "evangelical leanings" strikes me as pretty odd, given that she doesn't seem to have any history of legislating her beliefs. I see no reason to fear her on this front unless you have a blanket fear of all religious leaders with no regard for their actual record. And if that's the case, well...I'll simply say that I'm extremely thankful such views are in the minority.

And another thing, if you were in those places, why do you support a party that hasn't even taken care of our soldiers properly when they returned? Or a party that puts them in harm's way by the way we treat our prisoners? Or a party that manipulates the media so the public doesn't know the human cost?

And you're spending all your time picking on a guy over a comment about a helicopter? Have you ever really listened to his ideas about foreign policy? I think he shows a hell of a lot of respect for soldiers.

End of my rant.

And another thing, if you were in those places, why do you support a party that hasn't even taken care of our soldiers properly when they returned?
What's this based in? My office did some research earlier in Bush's term and personally contacted the Department of Veterans Affairs to verify that funding had increased significantly during Bush's tenure (not that such legwork is necessary, even).

This is a serious accusation and if it's based in nothing more than the as of yet uncompleted investigation into the conditions at Walter Reed, then it doesn't pass muster.

Yoda, her views are zealous, imo, not just religious. When you start talking about banning abortion even in the case of rape, or teaching creationism in schools, she is not someone I can support. Why is that so shocking????

And I think incoherently answering a question about the current economic condition is a bit different than some stupid comment about a helicopter!

And I'm so sorry I criticized Bush again. I thought it was relevant since we were talking about saying stupid things. But, oh, my bad.

FTR: I really do not put much weight into the 'copter thing. I just think it is funny when the "smear" rubs the other way. I personally think Biden is a good politician (shocker!!). I just like balance.

What's this based in? My office did some research earlier in Bush's term and personally contacted the Department of Veterans Affairs to verify that funding had increased significantly during Bush's tenure (not that such legwork is necessary, even).

This is a serious accusation and if it's based in nothing more than the as of yet uncompleted investigation into the conditions at Walter Reed, then it doesn't pass muster.
According to some veterans' groups, yea, he increased funding, but that their benefits were still underfunded. It's not just about how much money is put in, but how the money is used, and whether it is enough. I read complaints about all this years ago.

And 7thson, what does "FTR" mean?

Originally Posted by Yoda
ABC says Palin will help sway Hillary supporters. I say she won't, and that the McCain camp didn't pick her for that reason.
Although I disagree with her beliefs, I like Sarah Palin. She at least knows how to pick a handsome husband.

I was a Hillary supporter who voted for her in the primary. The choice to make Sarah Palin as the Republican veep was a shocking one - I thought it was a great way to pick up Hillary supporters. She seems like ammunition.

I don't feel very strongly about Obama, yet, but I'm still going to vote for him. Yet, we may soon be under the ruling of a she-creature with hypnotic rimless eyeglasses.

The King of Movies
So is Biden:

&feature=related

&feature=related

Biden might go over the top on "war" stories but at least he knows what the hell he is doing.

What type of person would you rather have the second most important job in the world.....

A: Some one who might go over the top to make him self look cool but still know what he/she is doing.....

OR

B: Some one who has no idea what she/he is doing but might not go over the top in "war" stories?

Biden has had years of experiance in international affairs, has dealt with many nations and has helped solve major international problems.

While our friend Palin though has once been a mayor of a small town.