Most Boring Movie

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Michael Clayton
That was my favorite 2007 movie.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
To Kill A Mockingbird. I could hardly bring myself to watch 10 minutes.

Oh my god. The list just got worse!!!

"Jean Louise. Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing."

Gets. Me. Everytime.

BTW, I showed this film to a bunch of pretty jaded 8th graders and they were enthralled with it. They loved it. There is hope yet for this younger generation....

(don't get mad at me, I'm joking...sorta)

Lennon: yea, it's up there with NCFOM as my favorite of 2007.

2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining and Even Dwarfs Started Small. Although, that last one did have that dwarf that kept laughing inanely, so it wasn't a complete loss.

The remake to PSYCHO. That was an insult to Hitchcock.

No Country For Old Men....most recent boring movie. I rented it from NetFlix and the only time i looked at the tv was when I heard gunshots fired. BUT I also felt that way about Shawshank Redemption and Heat which are now two of my favorite movies(that previously put me to sleep during my first viewing) so who knows this movie could be along the lines of them.

The English Patient was boring. Very boring. I'll never understand why people like it so much.

No Country For Old Men....most recent boring movie. I rented it from NetFlix and the only time i looked at the tv was when I heard gunshots fired. BUT I also felt that way about Shawshank Redemption and Heat which are now two of my favorite movies(that previously put me to sleep during my first viewing) so who knows this movie could be along the lines of them.
You may want to re-watch it.

Most hollywood films are plain and boring.
All the films released this year with the exception of Wall-E and The Dark Knight were horrible and boring.

To everyone who said What Dreams May Come:

Cmon, haha. That movie was sooo sad. The scene where Cuba Gooding takes Williams to that swaying tree and Robin Williams yells over that swell of music "I love you!" and the wife just opens her crying eyes and looks up...

Wow. I get chills everytime. First time I saw that scene I think I cried haha.

Welcome to the human race...
All the films released this year with the exception of Wall-E and The Dark Knight were horrible and boring.
Like what, exactly? Surely you can name a few individual examples.

I think the term "Hollywood" being used here is a little too general.

There are tons of movies that I thought were extremely boring, but the one that pops into my head right away is, The Avengers. I'd have to say, When A Stranger Calls is a close runner up. I seen both of them in the theaters, and I can remember catching myself dozing off quite a few times during both of them.

Gangs of New York made me wanna stab myself in both eyes.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) : I know that many people call this a masterpiece and all that but I watched it and became bored like hell. I forced myself to watch it till the end but afterwards I wasn't only bored, I was also confused. What have I been seeing for the last hours? People will now probably call me a sinner or something like that

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I certainly won't call you a sinner, but since you, yourself, think that A Clockwork Orange is your third fave film, I would suggest to you that you missed the boat on 2001. We do have many posts and perhaps even threads where we tell others how significant 2001 is. The funny thing to me is how I remember when I was in college that these two guys constantly talked about how 2001 was mind-boggling and that A Clockwork Orange was pure trash. I found their arguments as ridiculous as I find your basic premise (since I haven't read an argument yet!) Long live film!!