Favorite Movies

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I wanna know what happened to Martin Short. He was the flavor of the month for awhile then nothing. Pretty good comic actor.
Yeah he's a great actor, he played in a movie where he's shrunk and inserted into a human body, it's another comedy but can't think what it's called.
That sounds something like "An Amazing Voyage" or Journey about a group of scientists that shrink themselves and go inside a human body. From memory one of our fave actors Donald Pleasence was in it. I do not know the one who are referring to with Martin Short.

The movie with Donald Pleasence is Fantastic Voyage (1966), and the movie with Martin Short is Innerspace (1987).

I wanna know what happened to Martin Short. He was the flavor of the month for awhile then nothing. Pretty good comic actor.
Yeah he's a great actor, he played in a movie where he's shrunk and inserted into a human body, it's another comedy but can't think what it's called.
That sounds something like "An Amazing Voyage" or Journey about a group of scientists that shrink themselves and go inside a human body. From memory one of our fave actors Donald Pleasence was in it. I do not know the one who are referring to with Martin Short.

The movie with Donald Pleasence is Fantastic Voyage (1966), and the movie with Martin Short is Innerspace (1987).
That's the one, Inner Space. Thanks!

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
(Today's) Top 10 in no particular order:
1. Casablanca
2. Indiana Jones - trilogy
3. 12 Angry men
4. Leon the professional
5. The fifth element
6. I, Daniel Blake
7. The great beauty
8. The lord of the rings - trilogy
9. Sexmission
10. Przypadek (Kieslowski, 1987, Blind chance)

My Top 10. The Innocents, Rebecca, Psycho,Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, War of the Worlds (original) Picnic at Hanging Rock, The Birds, Ben Hur, Haunted (1995), The Changeling (1980)

Most of my Top 10 are of the mystery/suspence/supernatural genres.. thus my unusual username..I am now being called spookie...eerie eh.

I chose The Innocents (1960) as No 1 because of its haunting, chilling, gothic atmosphere and its fine acting by Deborah Kerr and Megs Jenkins, Martin Stevens (Miles) and Pamela Franklin (Flora) the two haunted children. English icon Michael Redgrave plays a camero role as the children's wayward guardian.

My Top 10. The Innocents, Rebecca, Psycho,Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, War of the Worlds (original) Picnic at Hanging Rock, The Birds, Ben Hur, Haunted (1995), The Changeling (1980)

Most of my Top 10 are of the mystery/suspence/supernatural genres.. thus my unusual username..I am now being called spookie...eerie eh.

I chose The Innocents (1960) as No 1 because of its haunting, chilling, gothic atmosphere and its fine acting by Deborah Kerr and Megs Jenkins, Martin Stevens (Miles) and Pamela Franklin (Flora) the two haunted children. English icon Michael Redgrave plays a camero role as the children's wayward guardian.
What is this all about? That is my opening post. Where is your own list? Please explain.

What is this all about. This is my opening post?
Are you still online spooky?

-Friday
-The Green Mile
-Mean Girls
-Wizard Of Oz
-Going Berserk
-Rocky IV

1: Star Wars
2: Alien
3: The Burbs
4: Zodiac
5: Fargo
6: American Beauty
7: Punch Drunk Love

When I have to revise my top ten (which I do constantly) I have to deal with what Iro said earlier. The fact that a top ten list depends on so many subjective factors, it is limited to what I have allowed myself to watch, my peculiar taste, the criteria I use to evaluate films, etc. But when someone says name my favorite movies, I can do that fairly quickly, because I don't feel like I have to defend my choices.

Godfather 1+ 2
Goodfellas
Lost Highway
Paris Texas
Hannah and Her Sisters
Manhattan
Purple Rose of Cairo
To Be or Not To Be (Lubitsch)
Cinema Paridiso
Malena
Down By Law
Jean de Florette/Manon of the Spring
I know this list does not agree with my top ten on my profile, but I justify that by saying that when I create a top ten list I am thinking in terms of the best movies not my favorites.