ATL - Center for Puppetry Arts: Emmet Otter

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don't know how this specific post fits into the culture of this site, but for those of you interested in movie puppetry, there is a small museum dedicated to this in Atlanta, GA. From time to time they will host a movie night that showcases a specific movie and the roles that puppetry and similar effects played in said movie. Recently they had an exhibition dedicate to the props and characters of Labyrinth (1986). After touring the museum and all the Labyrinth material, guests were treated to a viewing of the movie.

This weekend they are hosting a show of Jim Henson's Christmas Classic, Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. This is an evening event and adult beverages are available before the show, so the crowds that come up are usually older kats looking for nostalgic tugs of the heart, or to use the event as a bridge to share something they consider special with a younger generation.

I have no idea where half of you are, but for the few that are within reach this might be something interesting to be a part of. If not this show, then another down the road maybe. Either way, here's a link for anyone that had no idea the place existed to begin with.

Emmet Otter's Showing

Center for Puppetry Arts

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear