The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Haven't seen either of the first two. I would've put Quiz Show on my list, but I saw it so long ago that I barely remember anything about it, except that I liked it, but I would have no idea where to put it, or if it still holds up.

100 Con Air
99 The Hole

Not a fan of The Hole, I just didn't get the appeal... and if Con Air has made it, I reckon The Rock will be on here somewhere as well.

Not seen either of the first two, but an eclectic start to be sure

Con Air I watched with one eyebrow raised and a wry smile...

I watched The Hole with just one eyebrow raised...

And now, the list. Two a day every couple of days until we are done.

That's Brodi-certified right there.

I hope so. It didn't make my list, but I like it better than Con Air.
Yeah, The Rock was toward the bottom of my list. I see it as the best example of bombastic Bay/Bruckheimer partnership (not that that is saying much), but I think it's the best straight-ahead action movie of the 90s. It's funny, it's over the top, it's got a good, sympathetic villain in Ed Harris, and it's got that overly dramatic soundtrack that goes well with the slow-motion silliness. I'll definitely have to talk more about it when it comes up. Con Air was okay, but mostly forgettable to me.

1. Lone Star almost got 2 points but I changed my mind at the last minute.
Wait a minute.

I'm the guy that gave Lone Star one point. You probably wish you gave it one point. I'd have thought you'd have put that bad boy in your top 15, seeing as I recall you love it.

Or, option B: you did give it one point, in case someone needs to review his Excel sheet.

I do love Lone Star, but there are at least a dozen 90s films I love even more, one of which is a Sayles film. I originally had it at no.25 but swapped it out for something else just before the deadline (I'll post my picks after Harry's done with this.)

I think Universal Soldier sums up the 90s quite well.

Fear of technology advancement and genetic experimentation... and mixing it into muscles out action scenes just makes it a lot of fun.

Who had Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey? I automatically assumed that was Rodent's. I love Bogus Journey. I would have given it a point.

Deadite, was it you that had Dead Alive? I'm surprised that only had one point.