Drip, drip, drop, little April Song Tournament

Tools    

Same as was done for March, June & September last year.....
  • Join in and drop out as you please
  • No set number of nominations, nominate on the fly
  • Max song duration: 10 minutes
  • No individual matches means no random or host 'fixing' the matches
  • Only one nomination per person per 'round'
  • Only those with songs nominated in any 'round' are eligible to vote; except the 'Final' where all those that have previously nominated a song in the month may vote should they wish

Every couple of days will be a new 'round' where any and all newly nominated songs are up against each other. As soon as voting starts for one 'round' nominations will be accepted for the next 'round'.

Players vote by ranking all the songs in that 'round' from 1 (their favourite) to n (their least favourite). Songs will be awarded points based on their positional ranking in each vote (number of points will depend on the number of songs contesting the 'round' - if 10 songs #1 song would get 10 points, #10 song would get 1 point).

The winning song from each 'round' (or songs in the case of a tie) goes through to the 'Final' at the end of the month.

Songs that made it to previous 'finals' are ineligible -
list here  

Simples but if any relevant questions just ask.

Noms now open for Round 1 (noms will close and voting will start on Apr 2nd at 5am GMT).

A system of cells interlinked
R1 - NOM

Katatonia - Behind the Blood

I was beginning to think that we'd all be dead from the coronavirus before another song tournament was hosted.

Round 1 Nom:
Jessie Buckley - Glasgow (No Place Like Home)

Also tagging anyone who might be interested: @jiraffejustin; @gbgoodies; @edarsenal; @honeykid; @John-Connor; @ahwell; @Derek Vinyard; @ynwtf . . .

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Round 1 Nom (for more than one obvious (not so obvious) reason):
Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

In.

Three Days Grace - Never Too Late

Thanks Cap for the tag

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I was hoping that we would get back to these song tournaments eventually. (I thought about starting one, but I just don't have the time right now.)

My Round 1 Nom:
Townes Van Zandt - If I Needed You

@Chypmunk, Thanks for starting this tournament. Now if I can just get the Disney song "Little April Showers" out of my head, I'll be happy.

I was beginning to think that we'd all be dead from the coronavirus before another song tournament was hosted.
YES! I was worried these were gone for good.
Been waiting for one of these to start, let's go!
I was hoping that we would get back to these song tournaments eventually. (I thought about starting one, but I just don't have the time right now.)
Nice to see the enthusiasm folks, wasn't sure whether or not many would want one of these right now, what with this terrible pandemic going on across the world. Any one of y'all could have started one - this format is not only much fairer (imo) but also oodles easier to run than the 'match' types we used to have and I really don't mind anyone else using the format ..... and I'd happily provide the list of previous 'finalists' to anyone that chose to do so.

@gbgoodies - sorry about the earworm from the thread title

Nice to see the enthusiasm folks, wasn't sure whether or not many would want one of these right now, what with this terrible pandemic going on across the world. Any one of y'all could have started one - this format is not only much fairer (imo) but also oodles easier to run than the 'match' types we used to have and I really don't mind anyone else using the format ..... and I'd happily provide the list of previous 'finalists' to anyone that chose to do so.
With much of the world shut down and many of us forced to stay at home, I think this is the perfect time for a fun song tournament to divert our attention. I've been giving consideration to hosting one myself if nobody else did, but I'm terribly unorganized and it'd be difficult for me to tally the rankings once I run out of fingers. (Although I guess I could always chop a few more off, but it's difficult to find victims nowadays with all this social distancing.)

Only a small, striped rodent like yourself can lead us through these dark, troubled times. In Chyp We Trust.

Only a small, striped rodent like yourself can lead us through these dark, troubled times. In Chyp We Trust.
Hmmmm, if this was a 'match' type tournament I might even quietly congratulate you on getting a tune through to the final already. Thankfully though that horned dilemma doth not exist with this format

Just a heads-up to all (especially anyone still thinking of joining):
With our very poorly eldest cat thankfully back at home for now and me having to do all-night care shifts for at least a couple of days I might have to close the nomination window and start the round a few hours earlier on the 2nd as I doubt I'll be able to make it through to 9am my time (it's not even 5:30am here right now and I'm already going boss-eyed with sleepiness). Shouldn't cause any fuss with those already joined as you've all got your first round noms in already.
edit: deadline brought forward to 5am GMT