Aquaman

Tools    

Batman Begins had to have a deep origin for the people that thought they already knew it from previous films
But doesn't Aquaman have to one a deeper one too, especially since there hasn't been any previous films that told about it?
They'll go deeper in 15 years for the Aquaman reboot trilogy

This might just do nobody any good.
Ooh, I can’t wait for the character’s Batman & Robin where Momoa’s recast with one of Chris Hemsworth’s brothers.

Boldly going.
I saw it today and I really enjoyed it!
I noticed a few little problems:
1. Why did they call Atlanna's weapon (Aquaman's original spear) a "trident" when it clearly had more than 3 prongs?
2. In the lair of the giant monster, where several people had tried and died trying to acquire the trident, we see lots of structures standing. How? When Aquaman evaded the monster, most of them got obliterated.
3. If Aquaman can control all sea creatures, why wasn't he able to control the creatures being ridden by Orm's army?

This might just do nobody any good.
Watch out cinema sins.

1. Why did they call Atlanna's weapon (Aquaman's original spear) a "trident" when it clearly had more than 3 prongs?
2. In the lair of the giant monster, where several people had tried and died trying to acquire the trident, we see lots of structures standing. How? When Aquaman evaded the monster, most of them got obliterated.
3. If Aquaman can control all sea creatures, why wasn't he able to control the creatures being ridden by Orm's army?
I thought he didn't actually control sea creatures? Isn't it more communication/influence?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
There is one thing about the movie I didn't get. When Atlanna had a son with Tom, the son is able to unite the sea world with the land world, and this is a huge breakthrough for the Kingdom, as I understand it, or at least the movie treats it as a huge breakthrough, as Arthur being a man of land and the sea, can now reunite the two worlds.

But if this was such a huge deal, why didn't Atlanna just have a son with a human long before? Why did she wait until after marrying a man and then running away and betraying the Kingdom? Why not just mate with a land man in the first place?

Welcome to the human race...
I think that was after-the-fact justification more than anything - the Atlanteans deliberately avoid contact with humans out of hostility (as represented by how many Atlanteans look down on Arthur for being a "half-breed") so Atlanna and Tom meeting purely by accident and having a child together is meant to be a completely unprecedented anomaly that defies the Atlanteans' long-standing traditions of keeping land and sea segregated.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Why were they Atlanteans willing to welcome Atlanna back as Queen, when she chose to pretty much leave and abdicate herself though?

Welcome to the human race...
I don't think they "welcomed" her, though - from what I gather, they brought her back to go through with the arranged marriage, produce an heir within said marriage, and then be sentenced to death.

Oh I meant at the end of the movie why did they want to welcome her back.

Haven't seen it yet but perhaps..

1. Because they are stupid, there's just no excuse for that.
2. Maybe others had not managed to evade the monster at all and so caused less collateral damage
3. Orm controls them or they are malicious creatures so cannot be controlled by Aquaman

Just guessing, anybody know the UK release date for this?
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.