Movie 20 Questions

Tools    

I've been thinking about starting this game for awhile, but I wanted to get the rules of the game exactly right in my head before I posted. It's like the classic 20 questions game, but with some very specific rules: The original poster will open with two clues like "I'm thinking of a comedy movie made in the 1970's" or "I'm thinking of a movie remake starring an Oscar winning actor." A person will ask a question about the movie. If the answer is yes, ONLY that poster gets to ask the next question. If the answer is no, the original poster will say, "No...19 questions." If someone guesses the movie in less than 20 questions, then they get to start a new game. If no one guesses the movie within 20 questions, the original poster will reveal the answer and ONLY the original poster will be allowed to post a new game. Everybody got it? OK, I'm going to kick things off here:

I'm thinking of a movie musical released in the 1950's.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've been thinking about starting this game for awhile, but I wanted to get the rules of the game exactly right in my head before I posted. It's like the classic 20 questions game, but with some very specific rules: The original poster will open with two clues like "I'm thinking of a comedy movie made in the 1970's" or "I'm thinking of a movie remake starring an Oscar winning actor." A person will ask a question about the movie. If the answer is yes, ONLY that poster gets to ask the next question. If the answer is no, the original poster will say, "No...19 questions." If someone guesses the movie in less than 20 questions, then they get to start a new game. If no one guesses the movie within 20 questions, the original poster will reveal the answer and ONLY the original poster will be allowed to post a new game. Everybody got it? OK, I'm going to kick things off here:
I'll give this a try, but you might want to let other people ask questions if the answer is "yes", or this could take a while because we're rarely online at the same time.

Did this movie win any Oscars?

I already made a game thread like this once. It's a good idea but hard to get people to play.
20 Questions - Movie Game
I had an idea for a movie game based on the old 20 Questions Game. So it works like this:

I'll pick a well known movie and everyone tries to guess it by asking Yes or No type questions. Collectively 20 questions can be asked, either by everyone.... or just one person.
If you can guess the movie from the clues then you win!

I'll choose the movies for the first few rounds so I can tweak the rules if necessary.

Basic rules are:
Choose a well known film, otherwise it's too hard for others to guess.
Ask any yes or no type questions, one question per post....examples:
  • Is the movie American?
  • Is the movie British?
  • Is it from the 20th century?
  • Is it a color movie?
  • Did it win any Oscars?
Be creative in the questions you ask....Ok you get the idea.

One more rule, please be patient This is a complicated game and mistakes will be made by all of us, remember it's just for fun

Did this movie win any Oscars? Yes
Did it win the Oscar for Best Original Song? No
Is this a musical in your profile favorites? No

17 Questions Left

Did it win the Oscar for Best Picture?

I already made a game thread like this once. It's a good idea but hard to get people to play.

I just took a quick look, and it looks like your version of this game stalled because someone chose a non-English movie, and most of the people who play these games seem to watch English movies.

Did this movie win any Oscars? Yes
Did it win the Oscar for Best Original Song? No
Is this a musical in your profile favorites? No
Did it win the Oscar for Best Picture? No
Did it win the Oscar for best score? Yes

15 Questions Left
Is Best Score the only Oscar that it won?

Sorry for my bad English :p
Next Movie:

I'm thinking of a movie that is very well known and many MoFos have seen it.
is it americain ?