40 Songs Gatsby Loves and his Top 10 Favorite

Tools    

Quit making me feel old.

In movie terms, I picture The Breakfast Club. In general pop culture terms I picture MTV. You know, back when they actually showed music videos and had a reason to be named Music Television.

But I don't think I ever watched Lost Boys back then.
The Breakfast Club is one of my favs as well as you know... I hope. The Lost Boys just seems like something you should like even though i know you arent a fan of horror. You should defo give it another try.

Master of My Domain
KC & The Sunshine Band - Give it Up

Addictive tune and a great message (give it up! ), I'm one of the view people who knew about the song before Kingsman: the Secret Service was released, when I heard the song being used to highlight the sheer ridiculousness of heads blowing up, I knew I just saw a great film.

Beautiful Child - Fleetwood Mac

Really underrated song by FM, I guess because it's a bit too quiet and get boring during the relatively long 5 and a half minutes, but the great lyrics and vocals make up for it. Great song.

Nirvana - In Bloom

The first song I enjoyed the now overrated Smells Like Teen Spirit (for me), and sits at my 3rd fav overall Nirvana song. I love the subtle rebellious melody and lyrics, drum fills, and Kurt Cobain's badass voice.

Simon and Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence

Don't have much words for this one. Amazing lyrics and harmony between the two.

8. When the Levee Breaks

My favorite Led Zeppelin. The drum beat and sound. Is. F*cking. Awesome. Not only that, the song has a great sense of deep, low-pitched melancholy to it that I can't help but love.

Now you know you're gonna get rep from me when you post Fleetwood Mac, though as much as I love that song and that album, I'd be happier with a Lindsey Buckingham song than a Stevie Nicks one.

Also +rep for Nirvana and Led Zep, though again not the songs I would have chosen.

First song I dislike, the one by KC and the blah blah bland . In Bloom and When The Levee Breaks are two of my very favourite songs ever so you recovered there

Just read the comments. You are right Smells Like Teen Spirit is very overrated even if it is a great song, mostly because its the only song non Nirvana fans know from them.

Master of My Domain
First song I dislike, the one by KC and the blah blah bland . In Bloom and When The Levee Breaks are two of my very favourite songs ever so you recovered there
No wonder you don't like sunshine on your profile. How dare you replace it with "blah blah bland".

But really happy to see that someone besides me think of In Bloom and When the Levee Breaks as a very high placed favorite. You have good taste... so far.

No wonder you don't like sunshine on your profile. How dare you replace it with "blah blah bland".

But really happy to see that someone besides me think of In Bloom and When the Levee Breaks as a very high placed favorite. You have good taste... so far.
You stalking me bro?

It's 1:00 a.m. and I should be going to bed, but instead I'm on MoFo with my iPod going, grooving to Fleetwood Mac's Tusk (the album). You're a bad influence, Gatsby.

Master of My Domain
You should be lucky I didn't post Gimme Shelter (yet!) or else you might have been grooving to Let it Bleed (long album!).

Nah, I'm not a big Stones fan, tbh, and don't have any of their albums. I do hope that one of your RS songs will be "Gimme Shelter," though. Hands down their best song, IMO.

I won a song tournament with it, too.

Also, being a double album, Tusk isn't exactly brief.

Master of My Domain
Nah, I'm not a big Stones fan, tbh, and don't have any of their albums. I do hope that one of your RS songs will be "Gimme Shelter,"
What if it isn't on my list?

Oh and belated congrats on your Song Tournament win!

What if it isn't on my list?
I will be wishing that we still had negative rep. Oh, random aside, are you a fan of "Start Me Up" and have you heard this cover version?

Master of My Domain
I like Start Me Up, but it isn't one of my favorite The Rolling Stones songs, but I enjoy the mix of various sounds and sub-genres.

About the version you posted - wow that's hilarious. I think I just received a cultural shock, I don't think I've heard folk rap before. . I knew about the existence of The Folksman but I had never heard one of their parodies before. Thanks MV.

The Folksmen are the same guys as Spinal Tap. That song is from the soundtrack to the movie A Mighty Wind. I highly recommend both the movie and the soundtrack.

Also, I'm not crazy about the Stones' "Start Me Up," but love that version.

Master of My Domain
Not the biggest fan of This is Spinal Tap but I'll give A Mighty Wind a try.

You should probably to to sleep. Isn't it 2:00AM for you right now?

Not the biggest fan of This is Spinal Tap but I'll give A Mighty Wind a try.

You should probably to to sleep. Isn't it 2:00AM for you right now?
I don't care for This is Spinal Tap, either. But I'm a fan of The Kingston Trio. The Folksmen are based at least in part on them.

And yeah, it's nearly 2:00 a.m. and I have to be at work at 8:00 a.m. I'm not sleepy though. I think I need to pop some Bendryl or something.

I assume "Gangnam Style" will show up at some point, it being your country's national anthem and all.

Master of My Domain
I assume "Gangnam Style" will show up at some point, it being your country's national anthem and all.
I know this is a jokish post, but I absolutely hate Gangnam Style. It's annoying, not funny, and reduces Psy into some weird fatso Asian when he is actually a fantastic artist and a great rapper, he created a revolution in my country with his direct, controversial lyrics (at that time) and hyperactive, eccentric beat. I'd rather put a Justin Bieber song on my list, you seem to desperately want him anyways.