10 Favorite Horror Films from Gatsby the Non-Horror Fan

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
While I don't think its a masterpiece, The Birds is still a fun movie.
Yeah it's a Tier 2 Hitchcock but so entertaining, time flies really fast when watching.

Also

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Never seen The Birds from beginning to end. My Hitchcock viewing is apparently very low.

Suspect's Reviews

Master of My Domain
The Birds is my favorite Hitchcock Gatsby. Great choice.
Weirdo.
Jason is a Wimp. The Birds kick ass!
Yeah Jason can wield his sword all he wants but it won't be effective against the birds.
I thought you weren't going to include films that aren't horror?
True, that's why I may have Charile's Angels on my list. It's a terrifying film.
Never seen The Birds from beginning to end. My Hitchcock viewing is apparently very low.
Watch is as soon as you can.

9. The Birds

A very good Hitchcock horror/thriller that's sadly hidden behind the glory of the more famous Psycho. For me the two are both awesome, different from each other but having the elements of what make Hitchcock a great director. His way of building up suspense is impeccable. The birds are not as scary as Norman Bates or Jason Voorhees but the build-up they receive makes them absolutely terrifying. And I love birds, so I'm always glad to see them in a major role of a film.
Another great pick Gats!

And what is wrong with The Birds? Its classic horror..

I wish I could have found an eye pecking gif

And what is wrong with The Birds? Its classic horror..

I wish I could have found an eye pecking gif
I never said anything was wrong with The Birds.

I never said anything was wrong with The Birds.
I really really wanted an eye pecking gif..... I love those gruesome gifs.... the Omen plate glass is the best gif ever....

I really really wanted an eye pecking gif..... I love those gruesome gifs.... the Omen plate glass is the best gif ever....
You just reminded me that I really need to rewatch that film. I remember watching it and liking it, but not much more. Then someone (perhaps you ) posted that plate glass gif and I totally didn't remember it - although such scene would definitely be more than memorable. And there was even another gif from the film I fell upon recently, which I hadn't seen either.

So I guess I must've fallen asleep and waking up again without noticing. I do remember being tired when I watched it.

Everyone that doesn't like The Birds seems to bring up the fact that the action is dated. As usual I was much more interested in the dialogue and human moments then any of the horror elements. Although I still love the scene when she is sitting on the bench outside tge school and birds slowly start to fill the playground behind. Good stuff.