10 Favorite Horror Films from Gatsby the Non-Horror Fan

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
There are two trends going on at MoFo right now, one is baby pics and the other is lists. The former I'll probably never do, so I chose the latter. So here it is, 10 favorite horror movies from someone who doesn't like the genre. This is a list that respects films that have smashed a huge barrier with their quality and made me like them. List begins tomorrow, so during that time tell everyone you know, from gentlemen to hobos, so my thread will be booming with people and double-digit numbers on the top of my posts showing up.

Keep in mind that I've excluded films that:

- I think isn't horror personally, but others may think it is. (ex. Alien)

- Blended too many genres, or had a certain single genre too strong to consider the film as a pure horror and eligible for my list. (ex. Evil Dead II)

- I don't like, obviously. And warning, I don't have the greatest taste in horror.

Before I end my opening post, I hope a lot of you follow my thread and ask questions and do some crazy stuff. I don't want to end up having a Gideon-esque thread (Sorry Gid ), I need company. And I hope you find at least one film you like from the list, or if you don't then oh well, at least you tried.

...aaaand I think I'm going on and on too much for a 10-film list. I'll shut up. Enjoy!

Why not just start it now!!!

Anyways, yes I will definitely join in and bash your taste in horror. haha, just kidding, but I do look forward to your list!

... or maybe I'm kidding there, as well. Who knows.

I'm interested in seeing what he's got. Perhaps I can suggest some foreign horror films based off his picks.

We shall see!

Master of My Domain
Why not just start it now!!!

Anyways, yes I will definitely join in and bash your taste in horror. haha, just kidding, but I do look forward to your list!

... or maybe I'm kidding there, as well. Who knows.
I don't mind getting bashed. Bring out your darker, evil side.
If Halloween didn't make the cut I'm out.
Wait and see.
B*tch!
10? You need more horror!
I wanted to do a mini list, maybe a horror Top 50 in the future.
I'm interested in seeing what he's got. Perhaps I can suggest some foreign horror films based off his picks.

We shall see!

Looking forward to your suggestions MG, but I'm not sure if I'll like them or not.

Very excited for this, but I just have to say...

- I think isn't horror personally, but others may think it is. (ex. Alien)
Alien is 100% a horror film.

Well where's the list? Don't tell me you've embedded the movie list in various post across the board. Hey that's a pretty good idea actually, sort of like a scavenger hunt. I copyright that idea! But feel free to use it, just give me an 'idea credit' if someone actually does that.

Master of My Domain
Very excited for this, but I just have to say...

Alien is 100% a horror film.
I'm gonna have honorable mentions and stuff like that, I'll add it there.

If Sinister is on your list I look forward to see it !

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Good idea Gatsby, looking forward to see what you got! I wouldn't say I don't like Horror, but I don't watch it on a regular basis, maybe I'll do something similar when I have some free time!

Master of My Domain
10. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I love old horror because it depends on the atmosphere and design to create a chilling and spooky feeling, which I love compared to modern style of scaring the audience which doesn't appeal to me, and I think is extremely cliched. The magic of Dr. Caliguri is that unlike others horrors it sucks you into it's own unique universe. 80 minutes of why I love cinema.

Master of My Domain
Good classic first choice there. I enjoyed the film a lot, very well made for its age.
Yeah actually at first I didn't know Caliguri was a 20s film.
Knew you would love by first pick buddy. I remember you having it in your always-changing Top 10 for a brief moment, am I right?

Knew you would love by first pick buddy. I remember you having it in your always-changing Top 10 for a brief moment, am I right?
Yes, and it's still my favorite silent film.