35th Annual Razzies- Nominations

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yes, the 1999 TV version that ABC/Disney did for television with Kathy Bates and Victor Garber was very good.

I didn't know that Victor Garber was in Annie. I've liked him ever since I saw him in the TV show "Justice". I'll have to find that version.

Thanks.

I didn't know that Victor Garber was in Annie. I've liked him ever since I saw him in the TV show "Justice". I'll have to find that version.

Thanks.
Yes, Garber plays Daddy Warbucks, Bates is Miss Hannigan, Alan Cumming is Rooster, Kristen Chenoweth is Lily, and Audra McDonald is Grace...I think it's on You Tube.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yes, Garber plays Daddy Warbucks, Bates is Miss Hannigan, Alan Cumming is Rooster, Kristen Chenoweth is Lily, and Audra McDonald is Grace...I think it's on You Tube.

Wow, that's a great cast.

I have an old VHS tape of Annie that I got at garage sale last year, but I haven't watched it yet. I never looked at it closely to see who's in it. (It was in a 25 cent bin.) I only remember that it was a version that I hadn't seen before. If I'm lucky, I might have it already. If not, I'll check YouTube. Thanks.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
To be honest, I've not seen a single film nominated for Worst Picture, so I went and did a little research on them. All of them are "worthy" candidates, though there are a couple that could have gotten in as well: Pompeii and I, Frankenstein.

Given the nominees, I'm guessing the likelihood of "winning" Worst Picture to be in this order (from most likely to least likely):
-Saving Christmas
-Transformers 4
-Left Behind
-The Legend of Hercules
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last night. The Razzie nominations are well deserved. Adam Sandler's Blended is probably still the worst movie I've seen from 2014, but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles surpasses it just for sh!tting all over my childhood.

God that herculues movie was terrible.

"father, i believe in youuuuu" was perhaps THE lamest on screen moment i've ever witnessed.

kiefer wasn't terrible in pompeii but the way he was talking with his voice was not good. he shouldn't have done an accent.

He couldn't have sounded any worse than the growly Batman.
I did some google searching and no one can even agree on what sort of accent he is doing. one guy said british. another said european. another said unplaceable

the really weird part is that no one else in the movie talks like that .. it's just sutherland.

one blog was adamant that sutherland was being hammy on purpose because he's way too good of an actor for that

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Five days left...can't wait to see the results! I always enjoy a good laugh from these, though I don't always agree.

Is anyone really paying close attention to the Razzies? My experience has been that every year they pick on the pictures that are so obviously bad, and every year it's not funny.

A more sensible answer ...

It's a highly patriotic film but when you feel nothing for the subject patriotism just comes across as manipulation. To an American the use of American flags in a movie may cause emotion ... To an Australian it causes nothing. Unfortunately the movie doesn't go beyond that. Nothing else is looked at with any depth. Kyle himself is the only thing with any depth but the film backs away from exploring that depth - it appears as though he may be affected by what he has done but the film never explores it. When it finally appeared as though it was going to explore some more interesting themes, after his final tour to Iraq, it ended.

The "bad guy" in the film who apparently is completely fictitious and was invented so the movie could have a bad guy is simply a cardboard cutout who shoots Americans. Basically, there was nothing here for me beyond the character of Kyle himself, which was left largely unexplored, and a decent performance from Cooper. Add to that a couple of scenes that seemed unbelievably unrealistic and overly manipulative and I was left with a movie I completely disliked.
Thank you for this comment! I agree with you 100%. An American myself, I felt completely manipulated and visually assaulted by American Sniper.