No, this Top 10 Directors List is not brilliant but...

Tools    

I have seen Fallen Angels and Chungking Express...... it has someone I enjoy watching on the screen in them...

I liked them both and not just for the eye candy....

That's a great choice of director to get this going again. One of my favourite directors and it was probably ItMFL that made me really appreciate what movies could be.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Haven't seen My Blueberry Nights, besides that, I approximately rank Wong:

Days of Being Wild
Chungking Express
In the Mood for Love
Happy Together
The Grandmaster
Fallen Angels
Ashes of Time
As Tears Go By

Did you not like 2046 Bluedeed or just like it less than the others? I turned it off halfway through the first time I saw it but tried it again later and loved it.

My ratings

In the Mood For Love

Chungking Express

-
The Grandmaster
-
Fallen Angels

Happy Together
-
Days of Being Wild
+
Eros
(His part was easily the highlight)
My Blueberry Nights

Ashes of Time
-
As Tears Go By
+

In the Mood for Love was a damn good flick. Only film of his I have seen.
I have seem this and CE, I liked both but they didn't move me. Also, I disliked the films obsession with movies, as characters in these auteur movies talk about movies all the time.

As of this minute...

1. Frank Capra
2. Elia Kazan
3. Stanley Kubrick
4. Robert Altman
5. Akira Kurosawa
6. John Huston
7. Billy Wilder
8. John Cassavetes
9. Ingmar Bergman
10. Paul Mazursky
Altman & Cassavetes?

Mine includes:

Kubrick
Yuasa
Miyazaki
Takahata
Ozu
Kurosawa
Tarkovsky

7 names that come to mind now.

Also I might think of including yashitoshi ABe though he ain't a director but a manga artist/painter who worked with several different people making stuff all over my favorites. Problem with the director thinguie is that most movies are not made by a single creative mind but the work of many, thus few movies can be regarded as being product of that director. 2001 for instance is Clarke and Kubrick's work, not only Kubrick's, which explains why its so different from other Kubrick movies. So ABe would be in a list of 10 artists who most influenced the creation of my favorite works of media.

The other 2 names I am still searching for to include in a hardcore good top 10 list of animation/filmmakers. Might think of including stuff like Coppola. De Sicca and Felinni (high probability of having one of these names wrong) but thing is that I am not that into their other films. In 2 years of further exploration I might esculpt a really good top 10 list.