Gatsby's Top 51 Films

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
Since I've joined for a month now I decided to make my own top films list. But since 100 is a bit too much and because I wanted to have a bit of a twist I decided to make it into a 'Top 51 Films' list, not 50 nor 52. Just 51.

Enough chit-chat, and with further ado, let the show begin!

Master of My Domain
51. Blazing Saddles

A laugh-out-loud spoof of westerns and a hidden sharp criticism on racism.

50. Edward Scissorhands

The gothic atmosphere mixed with a warm story makes a wonderful match.

49. Diner

A extremely well written drama about 6 young men, the dialogue is unique and hits its mark every time, not to mention the good acting is a big help.

I saw Diner recently and thought it was very good, and I've always loved Blazing Saddles.

I still haven't seen Edward Scissorhands.

I like when new members do a favorites list because it's interesting to see how it changes over time. Look forward to the rest!

Master of My Domain
Followed Miss Vicky's advice and added a bit of explanation about why I like the films I chose.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
51. Blazing Saddles
50. Edward Scissorhands
49. Diner

I like Mel Brooks movies, but I think Blazing Saddles is a bit overrated.
I'm not a big Johnny Depp fan, but Edward Scissorhands is one of my favorites of his films.
I haven't seen Diner in a long time, but as I recall, it was a pretty good movie.

Master of My Domain
48. Mad Max

A classic speedy, hardcore brutal action movie that manages to be so without going messily over-the-top like many imitators do.

47. American Graffiti

The type of movie that seems to have a very predictable story, but end up finding it to be extraordinary.

46. Life Of Pi

Made me think a lot about the relativity or truth, as well as candy my eyes with its effects.

I was wondering how long it was going to take before American Graffiti got some love on this site. I saw it again recently and was blown away at what a good movie it is. Props for that and also for Edward Scissorhands.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Diner is a favorite of mine as well. Mad Max left me surprisingly underwhelmed when I finally got around to seeing it. I haven't seen Blazing Saddles, but the rest are all varying levels of good.