The Joker
37.04%
10 votes
Tyler Durden
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The Joker (The Dark Knight)

vs.

Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Joker, he's my pick to win this whole damn thing.

Registered Creature
That was the picture that started my infatuation as a little girl on Brad Pitt. I cut it out of my magazine and stuck it in my diary and drew a big love heart around it.

A charismatic but nihilistic neo-Luddite, radical environmentalist and anarcho-primitivist with a strong hatred for consumer culture. "Because of his nature," Tyler works night jobs where he causes problems for the companies; he also makes soap to supplement his income and create the ingredients for his bomb making which will be put to work later with his fight club. He is the co-founder of fight club (it was his idea to have the fight that led to it). He later launches Project Mayhem, from which he and the members make various attacks on consumerism. He frequently describes (and acts on) his opposition to mass society, materialism, property, capitalism, and almost all technology and social order, indeed he vows to annihilate civilization itself.
Tyler Durden

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I voted for Tyler Durden as I new the joker would be very popular.

You want to post like me?
Well let's think about this for a sec, shall we?

WARNING: "Fight Club ending" spoilers below

Now, we agree that Tyler Durden is an 'imaginary friend' of the protagonist in Fight Club. Thus the protagonist can't really hurt him unless he hurts himself.
If we assume that Tyler would also be a product of the Joker's imagination, how exactly will the joker be able to beat him? Now, I don't know if I'm the only one, who thinks that the ending of Fight Club didn't make a whole lot of sense, and unless the Joker shoots himself in the head, Tyler can not be killed. If we go from that assumption the choice is easy - Tyler would win.
On the other hand, if we assume that Tyler is just a man, of course the Joker would kick his imaginary butt.

Still I'm leaning towards Tyler since the heart and soul of the character is that he's the ideal version of the person who produces him. Furthermore he's a personification of self destructiveness. I don't know how you beat that? I mean you could shoot yourself in the head, but am I the only one who thinks that doesn't make sense at all?

I am half agony, half hope.
The Joker woud take this. He has no sanity to caution him.

Johann von Goethe

im sorry, in this i do have to admit that Heath's Joker was far crazier than Pitt's Durden. FAR.

Well let's think about this for a sec, shall we?
Who did you vote for Kasper ?

A good match up, two destructive characters. This Joker is a great character and I have a lot of respect for him. But I find Tyler more interesting, he has substance, he is a "bigger" character not just one that is fun to watch on screen.

If this was a head to head fight I think it would be a draw, they both operate the same way, recruiting an army, calculated schemes and they are both dirty fighters.

Tyler was kinda cool (in a wacko kind of way ) ... but the Joker gets my vote on this one...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You want to post like me?
Who did you vote for Kasper ?

A good match up, two destructive characters. This Joker is a great character and I have a lot of respect for him. But I find Tyler more interesting, he has substance, he is a "bigger" character not just one that is fun to watch on screen.

If this was a head to head fight I think it would be a draw, they both operate the same way, recruiting an army, calculated schemes and they are both dirty fighters.
You didn't read the spoiler section? It's all explained there. I voted Tyler and he should've won imo.