Harry Lime's List

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
The only real problem I have with it is that it makes my own list* look bad.

*not the one already posted, but the rough draft I've got coming up.

That's a good list Harry. There's more than a few I wouldn't agree with, but then that's as it should be. I was a little suprised to see The Third Man at #8 (considering) but it was even more suprising when I saw your #1. Ah well, numbers 2 and 3 more than made up for it.

You shouldn't Iro, remember I have been alive, watching movies for more than a decade longer than you. Back when I was your age and first started really getting into films I guarantee my list would have looked pathetic next to yours. And it's about which films affect you most, which ones you relate to and which have perhaps influenced your thinking, plus the good ole entertainment value (why I've watched Casablanca and Treasure of the Sierra Madre about 15 times each, they entertain me). Every film on my list I've seen at least three times each, add that to all the others I've seen, some multiple times, others just once (last time I counted the list I've been keeping it was around 4000), I've had more time to think about it. 2001 for instance wasn't always my favourite film, it used to be a toss up between Dr. Strangelove, Star Wars, and The Godfather (it would have ranked around the mid thirties or something). With repeat viewings, getting older, experiencing more of life, and reading some of the books I've been reading the last few years, this film stands out beyond all the others and I can't see it any other place than at the top.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I like this list , but I'd like it even more if you gave a little information on why you enjoy each film.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre is number one on my queue ! Even though some of your favorite films are movies that irritate and annoy me , I do share the love for many on your list.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I see there's a few in there I still haven't seen. I'm getting on it though, it's only taken me almost 10 years to get it going.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

That's a good list Harry. There's more than a few I wouldn't agree with, but then that's as it should be. I was a little suprised to see The Third Man at #8 (considering) but it was even more suprising when I saw your #1. Ah well, numbers 2 and 3 more than made up for it.
I'm surprised you were surprised, as the top ten was no surprise, seeing as I've listed that since the first week. (And don't you shake that smiley face head at me, 2001 is great and so is Kubrick). Just kidding around (kinda), glad you liked (some of it), but how come you were surprised to see The Third Man at #8?

I like this list , but I'd like it even more if you gave a little information on why you love each film.

You can ask about a specific film if you like Meatwad.

Really good list Harry; even though I've only seen about 30 or 40 of them. I've seen quite a bit in your top 50 though, and I still have to see 2001: A Space Odyessy.

Really good list Harry; even though I've only seen about 30 or 40 of them. I've seen quite a bit in your top 50 though, and I still have to see 2001: A Space Odyessy.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on that film when you get around to it. Some people aren't it's biggest fan, and I understand why. But not me, and not Mikeython, that much I know.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on that film when you get around to it. Some people aren't it's biggest fan, and I understand why. But not me, and not Mikeython, that much I know.
I hope I do like it a lot. Reading this list really makes me want to get started on my top 250 this weekend.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Thanks Harry, I added a boatload to my Netflix. I'm really looking forward to The Player.

I'm surprised you were surprised, as the top ten was no surprise, seeing as I've listed that since the first week. (And don't you shake that smiley face head at me, 2001 is great and so is Kubrick). Just kidding around (kinda), glad you liked (some of it), but how come you were surprised to see The Third Man at #8?
Ah, but I don't bother looking at people top 10's on their profile, so I had no idea. As for The Third Man, I just thought that it'd be higher. Ususally, if someone has an avatar and/or nickname featuring a character or theme from a film, it's usually their favourite or at least in the top 3.

BTW, neither Kubrick nor 2001 are great.

Serious question, honeykid - what movies do you consider great, then? You've been around for a while yet you haven't bothered with a favourites list (at least not to my knowledge, if you care to correct me, by all means go ahead).

I'd like to see honeykid's top ten too, as well as Destiny's and The Dominator's, Justin's too. That was why I have been bugging him to post his top 100 Iro, he said he was going to hold off until he had the whole list down. While I would like to see his 100, I really want to see his top ten.

I'd like to see honeykid's top ten too, as well as Destiny's and The Dominator's. That was why I have been bugging him to post his top 100 Iro, he said he was going to hold off until he had the whole list down. While I would like to see his 100, I really want to see his top ten.
I think Dom's getting close to finishing his; I already know quite a bit of his from being around him for so long.

Very nice list, sir. I have yet to see many of the films on your list, and others I have seen on it I like very, very much as well.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Awesome list. I have seen a lot of them (I know I was surprised too) and I like just about every single one of those. And oddly enough a lot of the ones I haven't seen are movies I've been most interested in seeing lately. It's like you were looking through my mind or something.

Once one comes to the realization that we are but the connecting pieces of a mind infinite, the doors of all thought become ajar.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

Once one comes to the realization that we are but the connecting pieces of a mind infinite, the doors of all thought become ajar.

Nah, I'm just kidding.
Plate of shrimp?

Let's see if you get that reference.

Also, I just counted - I've seen exactly 68/100.