The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
@Citizen Rules and I were discussing a "History" HOF. The film has to be an event that took place or a story of a specific person. You cant just pick one because its a WW2 or whatever type film. The main event or character has to be real. Oh yeah, no fantasy film based around a historical person either. Caligula with Malcolm McDowell would be out. I enjoy the film. I love reading about Gaius Julius Ceasar Augustus Germanicus but no, sorry that film doesn't qualify.
Yeah, I remember we discussed it as well. It’s definitely one I’d be interested in joining.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm glad you joined

It was funny as I had just posted and said I wouldn't rewatch, then immediately asked my wife is she wanted to see it again, then she wondered why noms were still being done

I reviewed E.T. here

It's been 3 years since you reviewed it. It's time for a rewatch.

Yeah, I remember we discussed it as well. It’s definitely one I’d be interested in joining.
Yeah, I talked to you about it after @Citizen Rules and I discussed it. I discuss most of my ideas with CR about HOFs. He and I enjoy a lot of the same movies. He watches some things that I won't, like 50's films and old westerns, and I watch things he won't, but the general consensus is the same.

@Citizen Rules and I were discussing a "History" HOF. The film has to be an event that took place or a story of a specific person. You cant just pick one because its a WW2 or whatever type film. The main event or character has to be real. Oh yeah, no fantasy film based around a historical person either. Caligula with Malcolm McDowell would be out. I enjoy the film. I love reading about Gaius Julius Ceasar Augustus Germanicus but no, sorry that film doesn't qualify.

I was wondering what HoF idea you two were discussing, but I didn't ask because I figured that you would tell the rest of us about it when you were ready.

I'm not much of a history buff, but I would at least follow along with this. It sounds interesting.

Very excited for this new nom!!! I love Spielberg but this is one I somehow haven’t seen!

I'm looking forward to your review. I was hoping to find at least a few people who might have somehow missed this movie over the years, and would see it for the first time.

I was wondering what HoF idea you two were discussing, but I didn't ask because I figured that you would tell the rest of us about it when you were ready.

I'm not much of a history buff, but I would at least follow along with this. It sounds interesting.
I think you would enjoy some of the nominations. I already have mine picked out. I wont give out what the film is but the movie is about 26 to 28 years old and very good. Great actors.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I talked to you about it after @Citizen Rules and I discussed it. I discuss most of my ideas with CR about HOFs. He and I enjoy a lot of the same movies. He watches some things that I won't, like 50's films and old westerns, and I watch things he won't, but the general consensus is the same.
Yeah, mentioned to me is more accurate.

Yeah, mentioned to me is more accurate.
And I would have to say "religious" movies are out. Everyone has different beliefs so you can consider "religion" a type of "mythology".

The trick is not minding
And I would have to say "religious" movies are out. Everyone has different beliefs so you can consider "religion" a type of "mythology".
I hadn’t even considered religious films anyways, but that’s good to know.

I hadn’t even considered religious films anyways, but that’s good to know.
No documentaries either .. of course, we will set the rules when we create it.

The trick is not minding
No documentaries either .. of course, we will set the rules when we create it.
I’m curious....
Why wouldn’t docs be allowed? For example, Genocide covers the Holocaust and it seems to fit the historical theme.

I’m curious....
Why wouldn’t docs be allowed? For example, Genocide covers the Holocaust and it seems to fit the historical theme. *
there are documentaries and there are films.

You can find many movies about the Holocaust.. example Schindler's List. Oskar Schindler helped the jews escape the concentration camps.

And this reminds me, there is a new film out that I want to see... dang it!

The trick is not minding
there are documentaries and there are films.

You can find many movies about the Holocaust.. example Schindler's List. Oskar Schindler helped the jews escape the concentration camps.

And this reminds me, there is a new film out that I want to see... dang it!
I’m aware of the amount of Holocaust films that I could nominate.
I don’t see how documentaries aren’t films, but I’m not going to derail This thread over discussing it.
I hadn’t planned on nominating one anyways, so it’s not a big deal.

Back on topic:

A lot of people are planning to watch the entire LotR trilogy despite The Two Towers not being nominated, so I was wondering if anyone was intending to review the second film here as well. I'll link them in the second post if anyone does. Obviously it's not necessary to do any extra work, so don't feel compelled to write something about The Two Towers out of obligation.

The trick is not minding
Back on topic:

A lot of people are planning to watch the entire LotR trilogy despite The Two Towers not being nominated, so I was wondering if anyone was intending to review the second film here as well. I'll link them in the second post if anyone does. Obviously it's not necessary to do any extra work, so don't feel compelled to write something about The Two Towers out of obligation.
I feel compelled now. I blame you.

Back on topic:

I'm planning to watch it, but I'm not sure if I'll review it or not.

I'm planning to watch it, but I'm not sure if I'll review it or not.
I feel the same. I may watch it. I watched the trilogy a few weeks ago. I guess I can just watch the two and base my review off of them singly.