Joker origin Movie

Tools    

I’m in a Facebook film discussion group, and the Joker v. Taxi Driver ain’t stopped yet. The more I see people comparing the more I understand how good Scorsese made Taxi Driver and how over rated I though of the Joker. The way Travis was made to be a complete contradiction is amazing, in a moral depraved environment struggling with a sense of insignificance but at the same time been part of the depravation. For some reason I’m also thinking about seeing the film again in the theaters, and probably will be the last time I’ll see it.

Welcome to the human race...
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that Doc here would watch Paul Joseph Watson videos.

the movie currently has a 54 metascore.....im quite shocked how low or average it seems

I though about stopping when he talked about nihilism to resume the film, and then actually stopped when he said we know the Joker is good because the newspapers didn't liked it. Long gone the time newspapers had a huge relevance on the success or failure of a film. I started by thinking there were a lot of people that wanted to be hip by disliking something they knew most people would like, and now I’m thinking about the other way around. What this guy haven’t yet understood is that when the media say what a certain film might produce wrongfully in the minds of the population they aren’t trying to make people avoid watching it, is the other way around.

Yeah, I've known about the guy in that video for a while now. He's one of those right-wing commentators who thinks that simply aggravating the left in and of itself is a worthwhile goal for pop culture to pursue despite how much of the video he spends complaining about left-wing outrage mobs and cancel culture or how he holds a general disdain for popular culture because it's all a sign of declining Western civilisation to him - aside from the movie about the dancing homicidal clown, of course.

Can you dislike something made by Joaquin Phoenix? What's your thoughts on I'm Still Here?
Best comedy ever? Best drama ever?

Guess that now, all the suicidal millennials that saw the Joker love Joaquin Phoenix because they just now fond out after I don't know how many great films he did that his a vegan.

Can you dislike something made by Joaquin Phoenix?
-Mary Magdalene
-It’s All About Love
-The Master
-The Yards

What's your thoughts on I'm Still Here?
I’ve seen it twice and am not sure how I feel about it. Need to watch it again.

Best comedy ever? Best drama ever?
In general or from Phoenix’s filmography?

I want to see a ranked filmography with ratings now.
I’ve actually been rewatching some of his movies with the intention of doing a thread ranking his performances. Although that’s not the same as ranking and rating the movies themselves.

-Mary Magdalene
-It’s All About Love
-The Master
-The Yards
The Yards? I'm surprised you didn't like it. I thought it was a strong film and Phoenix was excellent in it. What didn't you like about it and what did you think of Phoenix's performance?

I’ve actually been rewatching some of his movies with the intention of doing a thread ranking his performances. Although that’s not the same as ranking and rating the movies themselves.
No, I wouldn't think it's the same. If anything, it sounds harder.

The Yards? I'm surprised you didn't like it. I thought it was a strong film and Phoenix was excellent in it. What didn't you like about it and what did you think of Phoenix's performance?
Phoenix is excellent in it (and looking mighty hot) but my main issue is with Mark Wahlberg, who is his usual wooden, talentless self.

That said, I do really like We Own the Night, which also costars Marky Mark and is also directed by James Gray. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen The Yards and it’s on my rewatch list, so it’s possible that my opinion could change.

Phoenix is excellent in it (and looking mighty hot) but my main issue is with Mark Wahlberg, who is his usual wooden, talentless self.

That said, I do really like We Own the Night, which also costars Marky Mark and is also directed by James Gray. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen The Yards and it’s on my rewatch list, so it’s possible that my opinion could change.
Yeah, I'm no fan of Wahlberg either, though I thought he was cast well in The Yards for what happened to his character.