The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Hmm. I grew up watching (mostly) re-runs of the original series. I have fond enough memories of that to have had some interest in this but it’s obviously a whole other thing now. This is based on a recent comic reimagining series, no? It looks kind of fun but hopefully not some kind of American Horror Story wannabe (the other thing it looks like more than just kind of) cause no show should want to be American Horror Story.

WARNING: spoilers below
And I guess Salem’s voice will be a reveal or something? Seems like the kind of thing you’d usually sell a show on.

Hmm. I grew up watching (mostly) re-runs of the original series. I have fond enough memories of that to have had some interest in this but it’s obviously a whole other thing now. This is based on a recent comic reimagining series, no? It looks kind of fun but hopefully not some kind of American Horror Story wannabe (the other thing it looks like more than just kind of) cause no show should want to be American Horror Story.

WARNING: spoilers below
And I guess Salem’s voice will be a reveal or something? Seems like the kind of thing you’d usually sell a show on.
You know Sabrina was friends with Veronica and Betty.. She was on the old Archies cartoon and comic book series.

She has changed over the decades a lot.

This might just do nobody any good.
No, I knew that. And I know this comes from the same people that did the Riverde show. I just remember seeing or reading something about a recent comic series that leaned into the direction this show’s going in.

Edit: yup. Here it is:

No, I knew that. And I know this comes from the same people that did the Riverde show. I just remember seeing or reading something about a recent comic series that leaned into the direction this show’s going in.

Edit: yup. Here it is:

From what I have seen of "Riverdale".. its not that great.. Let's hope Sabrina will be better.

I got bored after 5th episode

so I just downloaded this for something to watch during all this crap, a bit of spooky light hearted escapism is all I wanted..

Instead I got black civil rights, bullied transgender child and the oh so perky and brilliant sabrina making an all girls club to fight the male patriachy. all in the first 15 minutes of episode 1.

The only man we meet to this point is predictably a total and utter moron.

If you like this show you suck PC ass.
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

On a scale of Batwoman to 10 how bad are we talking, exactly?

Ive not seen batwoman MonnoM but this show should be renamed the politically correct adventures of sabrina the feminist, I'm sure it has its fanbase.

Ive not seen batwoman MonnoM but this show should be renamed the politically correct adventures of sabrina the feminist, I'm sure it has its fanbase.
I haven't seen Batwoman, either. I've seen a promo and it's all I needed to pretty much know what it's about. That and the reviews confirming it. Also, it's the CW. Enough said.

But, yeah. These networks and film companies don't realize that their push for female empowerment is anything but. It's actually doing more harm than good for women, in my opinion. Look at your Ripley's, Connor's, etc. These were well written, 3 dimensional characters that everyone could and did get behind because the focus wasn't so much that they were women, but that they were generally interesting characters with an interesting story. That's how you move equality forward if that's your motive. The issue is that no matter the role women play it'll usually be eclipsed by their gender, hence why 9 times out of 10 it's something half-assed. I find it funny that more women don't grasp that. That they don't see it's just another form of exploitation. But hey, as long as it's a lead role, I guess. The same can be applied to race, etc.

Wow, you opened the floodgates.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I guess I could've just said I hate that they make gender a selling point and leave it at that, ha.

so I just downloaded this for something to watch during all this crap, a bit of spooky light hearted escapism is all I wanted..

Instead I got black civil rights, bullied transgender child and the oh so perky and brilliant sabrina making an all girls club to fight the male patriachy. all in the first 15 minutes of episode 1.

The only man we meet to this point is predictably a total and utter moron.

If you like this show you suck PC ass.
I remember having a similar experience with this show. "Surprisingly" never bothered with the second episode.

All the messages this show was pushing out just seemed all the more trite during these times. I mean more trite than usual. It was really depressing.