Forced diversity in Hollywood

Tools    

popes normally are italian . only one pope ( pope benedict ) has been german . the current pope ( pope francis ) is an argentine citizen , but of italian descent .
Actually the last popes going back to the 70's have been Argentinian, German and Polish. The last Italian pope died in 1978. And as for a black pope, I think its inevitable considering Africa is number one with a bullet as far as growth of Catholicism AND the African Catholics tend to be some of the most conservative. So the church will probably want to bring one in just to ride that wave.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
If the framework changes it's better for that change to happen naturally rather than being forced To fit the narrative of a politically fuelled agenda. If I was chosen as an actor to play a role I would rather be chosen from my acting ability not because of my race. As that will create friction, if Lando Calrissian in Star Wars was played by a white male that would bother me especially if it was to suit a racially fuelled political agenda.

if we lived in a world of black apologises Lando would be cast as white, just right now we live in a world of white apologises, in other words social justice warriors Who will cast Mary Jane as black, again this bothers me, not to say forced diversity has never occurred before which it has but never before on this scale. if equality and diversity is to be achieved let it happen naturally because forcing it is the wrong way to go. The people who force it shouldn't be directing movies especially if they're looking at life in that kind of way.

And I have no resentment towards race if you think I do you haven't been listening to what I'm saying.
The thing is, Hollywood - or film for that matter - never allows things to just change 'naturally'. In every Hollywood film, there are thousands of calculated, detailed and deliberate decisions, from the race of the cast to the sexuality of the cast to even the age of the cast.

You are presupposing that Hollywood has - before this ostensible change in its attitudes about diversity - embraced the idea of letting things flow 'naturally'. It has always been a manipulation of reality and it has always, in your words, had a 'distorted lens'. The only difference here is the current lens they are looking through is one you disapprove of.

Right now, Hollywood does not care about diversity and social justice enough on a purely ideological level to place it in their films. That is fear-mongering, and something Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro or Richard Spencer might say. If anyone knows anything about the current Hollywood model, it is about making money at the lowest possible risk. And I sincerely doubt Hollywood right now is merely an instrument designed to advance political ideals. Yes, they are primarily left-wing, but is that because Hollywood consists of a bunch of radical activists using the medium of film for their social justice, or is it because they are vein, cupid businessmen who understands that the social justice narrative, at the moment, is prevalent and 'trendy'?

At the moment, Hollywood has realised that social justice narratives are largely resonating with the American public. And they have tapped into that. They want to have a reputation of being an industry that is progressive because more people will buy tickets and watch their content, sometimes on that basis alone. Sure, there is much dissent, but overall, a film starts, primarily, with a good and safe (sort of the opposite of 'risk') reputation if it elects or at least makes the impression it has elected to cast non-white actors, or if it is a film about racism, female empowerment, and so on.

And, yes, I did not mean you have resentment towards race. I meant you have a resentment towards this narrative that is being propagated, which you do.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The thing is, Hollywood - or film for that matter - never allows things to just change 'naturally'. In every Hollywood film, there are thousands of calculated, detailed and deliberate decisions, from the race of the cast to the sexuality of the cast to even the age of the cast.

You are presupposing that Hollywood has - before this ostensible change in its attitudes about diversity - embraced the idea of letting things flow 'naturally'. It has always been a manipulation of reality and it has always, in your words, had a 'distorted lens'. The only difference here is the current lens they are looking through is one you disapprove of.

Right now, Hollywood does not care about diversity and social justice enough on a purely ideological level to place it in their films. That is fear-mongering, and something Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro or Richard Spencer might say. If anyone knows anything about the current Hollywood model, it is about making money at the lowest possible risk. And I sincerely doubt Hollywood right now is merely an instrument designed to advance political ideals. Yes, they are primarily left-wing, but is that because Hollywood consists of a bunch of radical activists using the medium of film for their social justice, or is it because they are vein, cupid businessmen who understands that the social justice narrative, at the moment, is prevalent and 'trendy'?

At the moment, Hollywood has realised that social justice narratives are largely resonating with the American public. And they have tapped into that. They want to have a reputation of being an industry that is progressive because more people will buy tickets and watch their content, sometimes on that basis alone. Sure, there is much dissent, but overall, a film starts, primarily, with a good and safe (sort of the opposite of 'risk') reputation if it elects or at least makes the impression it has elected to cast non-white actors, or if it is a film about racism, female empowerment, and so on.

And, yes, I did not mean you have resentment towards race. I meant you have a resentment towards this narrative that is being propagated, which you do.
"trendy justice warriors"

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
"trendy justice warriors"
I think a lot of social justice fundamentally emanates from a good spot, even if it does have some deleterious implications from time-to-time, In fact, despite what individuals like Jordan Peterson may claim, the movement is just as much modern - than it is postmodern - in its philosophical and ideological orientation. The idea of emancipating individuals from systematic and overt oppression? Sounds rather modern to me.

Now, yes, I would also agree there is a 'trendy' element to it. This refers to the people who spout lot's of reductionist and inflammatory things all just to appear radical, edgy and subversive. The idea that all white men are oppressors is very appealing to individuals, and it is an ideology that one can easily be drawn to, especially if you are from a marginalised position yourself. I personally find such an assertion exaggerated and highly dogmatic, even if I agree with some of its more sensible principles (such as one's race and sexuality can hinder or benefit your position in a collective group).

The problem with the whole SJW movement is that we are only hearing the extremities from both sides. It is fear-mongering trite most of it all, and completely antithetical to proper discourse. And I think it also reveals a lot of ontological insecurities from both sexes.

There is nothing wrong with Hollywood electing to show diversity, just like they elected to show a particular type of women or man in most of their films for most of their history.

Of course, we are free to critique what they do and do not do, but the OP is a perfect example of how the tiresome, fear-mongering BS of the SJW dilemma has infiltrated into one's worldview. We ought to be more critical and nuanced about this and less dogmatic.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think a lot of social justice fundamentally emanates from a good spot, even if it does have some deleterious implications from time-to-time, In fact, despite what individuals like Jordan Peterson may claim, the movement is just as much modern - than it is postmodern - in its philosophical and ideological orientation. The idea of emancipating individuals from systematic and overt oppression? Sounds rather modern to me.

Now, yes, I would also agree there is a 'trendy' element to it. This refers to the people who spout lot's of reductionist and inflammatory things all just to appear radical, edgy and subversive. The idea that all white men are oppressors is very appealing to individuals, and it is an ideology that one can easily be drawn to, especially if you are from a marginalised position yourself. I personally find such an assertion exaggerated and highly dogmatic, even if I agree with some of its more sensible principles (such as one's race and sexuality can hinder or benefit your position in a collective group).

The problem with the whole SJW movement is that we are only hearing the extremities from both sides. It is fear-mongering trite most of it all, and completely antithetical to proper discourse. And I think it also reveals a lot of ontological insecurities from both sexes.

There is nothing wrong with Hollywood electing to show diversity, just like they elected to show a particular type of women or man in most of their films for most of their history.

Of course, we are free to critique what they do and do not do, but the OP is a perfect example of how the tiresome, fear-mongering BS of the SJW dilemma has infiltrated into one's worldview. We ought to be more critical and nuanced about this and less dogmatic.
I love going back to public figures to see their "values" change when it's convenient. Simply going to YouTube (for example) and seeing one person describe a single event in history, but also how it changes for their convenience and opportunity.

I also agree there aren't just two sides; there could be 7 sides. It's easier for the media to simplify it for their bias (financial), just like a sports match.

I think it's cathartic for some people, while others are trying to cash in on the chaos. Conservatives going to liberal causes back in the day because of their supposed sexual liberation. Now if a not-so-rich guy wants sex, use an app, or cover every message with a bunch of #metoo phrases.

What's new in this era, is this new online persona, which seems to be more important, since most communication isn't face to face. That's another problem -- using old methods for a new way of life.

If people feel guilty, maybe they have something to be guilty about... I also don't believe they (many) believe. I think both sides are controlled because of a mutuality of purpose (power/money), that there's a small spectrum of debate to say in essence "Ok, this is as far as you go" or planting a single example of an extremist outlier to disregard an argument that might carry some weight.

Even those who "believe" - most seem to believe only as far as the money goes. And if there's an unintended consequence where someone does go broke, and that becomes a story until there's a new story about a "comeback".

I think if the cause was humanity, there wouldn't be a necessity to marginalize people by groups that the establishment uses for their convenience. It's easier to control a divided population with no purpose other than competition. Personally, I think someone's favorite movies tells me more about a person as opposed to the location of where someone's parents had sex; the pigment of skin, etc. I don't think you can legislate kindness and understanding, but unfortunately the people seem to echo the media narrative, which is almost always gossip and at best, trivial.

I don't care if the next Bond is black, white, or etc...But give him a proper British accent, he's a British Secret Service agent after all.
Elba is English despite being known mostly for playing Americans. Well except Luther.

good, cause i aint wasting breath explaining, for the MILLIONTH TIME, to some random a-hole why i don't have kids yet. and i really couldn't care less if white people are a dying breed. good. we're awful anyway.
But you posted pictures in personal pictures thread just one or two years ago about your boyfriend proposing to you. Surely the pressure to have kids is not so much just so immediately. You are just creating drama .

And why this culture of self hate ? Is this what liberalism has come to ? Calling one's own race awful . Can understand the counter reaction to all this and the rise of trump more clearly now .

@ashdoc

I know what you said about not caring why young adults dont want to have children..

My daughter has a atrophy of Muscular Dystrophy and she has to have genetic counseling when she decides to have children.. I think this has prolonger her decision to have children.. she's 24 years old and I dont see her having a child until she's closer to 30 years old..

There are reasons that young adults do wait...

But you posted pictures in personal pictures thread just one or two years ago about your boyfriend proposing to you. Surely the pressure to have kids is not so much just so immediately. You are just creating drama .

And why this culture of self hate ? Is this what liberalism has come to ? Calling one's own race awful . Can understand the counter reaction to all this and the rise of trump more clearly now .
This reminds me of the latest Pelosi kerfuffle:

I believe it was during her many-hour-long filibuster and it raised some eyebrows - her grandson's birthday wish was to look Latino like his friend and it was so... "beautiful."

Now if we reverse the roles and have a dark-skinned child wish, in front of his family, to look like his Nordic friend, and desire white skin, blond hair and blue eyes - it's certain that, at best, the child would get a lecture from family not to disparage how they were born and how God made them, nor wish they were different, and that they are beautiful & special just the way they are because they are different from everyone else, that they should take pride in their skin, hair and eyes because they are the same as his family and their forefathers, and they should never wish for an easier life from a different skin color, etc., etc. (and you can probably imagine some of the more negative things that might be said).

I am not talking about delaying children ( which I have no problem with ) but of not having them at all .

You see , democracy is a game of numbers with one person one vote system. With declining numbers the importance of whites is bound to decline and the importance of those races which are increasing in numbers will increase. So before complaining about forced diversity you people must ensure that you are represented in society in adequate numbers.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
good, cause i aint wasting breath explaining, for the MILLIONTH TIME, to some random a-hole why i don't have kids yet. and i really couldn't care less if white people are a dying breed. good. we're awful anyway.
I couldnt agree more, ash. I dont know why on earth some people think another person's or couple's choices concerning their reproductive systems is any of their business.

I am not talking about delaying children ( which I have no problem with ) but of not having them at all .

You see , democracy is a game of numbers with one person one vote system. With declining numbers the importance of whites is bound to decline and the importance of those races which are increasing in numbers will increase. So before complaining about forced diversity you people must ensure that you are represented in society in adequate numbers.
I know what you're referring to. But we have to speak in code...
weil, wie Sie wissen, bestimmte Themen, die als politisch inkorrekt oder "phobisch" betrachtet werden, hier von bestimmten Plakaten verboten sind.

Welcome to the human race...
You're talking like there is a barrier stopping anyone of a ethnic background from getting a role in a film. You say "don't sit around and wait for change to happen, But diversity has been already achieved not saying discrimination will ever die. But in the history of America this is the first time jobs education and many things are welcomed to all no matter what race. Staring the pot by hiring actors based on their race seems completely unnecessary. And not only that but in Disney Star Wars every white male character is presented as stroppy evil and buffoonish. Equality is not achieved bye tilting the scales in the opposite direction in order to defend an already excepted minority. And if you think i'm a racist for talking lengthy on this subject maybe you should consider that I'm trying to point out something that needs to be seen, and its name is propaganda
How exactly do you determine how much diversity is "too much"? The problem is thinking that there's a maximum level of diversity that has already been reached and that people who demand or implement anything more than that "acceptable" level are forcing the issue even though you yourself acknowledge that discrimination still happens anyway (before saying that people are welcomed regardless of race in the following sentence, so what is the truth?)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I couldnt agree more, ash. I dont know why on earth some people think another person's or couple's choices concerning their reproductive systems is any of their business.
I don't think ash was ever talking about anyone in particular, and I don't understand why people are taking such offence at something which is factually true. Western white people are having less children than before, we are delaying childbirth for a variety of reasons, many young women now choose career over children. In the UK 1/3 births are now non white British.

So why are some folk taking such offense and going on about their own personal situation?

Yeah, you can speak in aggregate about things without it being a condemnation of any specific person. In fact, that's exactly what's happening in the discussion about race and diversity, as well.

I don't think ash was ever talking about anyone in particular, and I don't understand why people are taking such offence at something which is factually true. Western white people are having less children than before, we are delaying childbirth for a variety of reasons, many young women now choose career over children. In the UK 1/3 births are now non white British.

So why are some folk taking such offense and going on about their own personal situation?
I didnt say anything in my reply to Ash about being offended not did I fo on about my own personal situation.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I didnt say anything in my reply to Ash about being offended not did I fo on about my own personal situation.
That's debatable. Not you but others have clearly taken personal offense.

That's debatable. Not you but others have clearly taken personal offense.
So there's nothing debatable.

Judging from the 8 positive reps that this post has got , I guess bunker wise's crusade against ethnic diversity in Hollywood is a lost cause.....

If many white people themselves ( I am assuming that the ones giving positive reps are white ) are approving of a post that says that it is good that white people are a dying breed and says that whites are an awful people , then all hope is lost of his crusade against forced diversity ever succeeding ..