My greatest actors and performances of all time

Tools    

I thought he was very good in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, in fact he was the best thing in it by a mile.
One of the only Gary Oldman films I haven't seen yet. But I want to give it a go, when I do I might edit this list depending on how good his performance was

9 Orson Welles

Top four performances

1 citizen Kane

2 The third man

3 compulsion

4 The stranger

One of the only Gary Oldman films I haven't seen yet. But I want to give it a go, when I do I might edit this list depending on how good his performance was
I saw him recently saying that one of his biggest regrets was not being able to work with John Hurt again. Apparently Hurt was going to be in Darkest Hour playing Neville Chamberlain.

Love Orson Welles – I mean the fact that he played Unicron in Transformers doesn't hurt . I've never seen Citizen Kane or The Third Man but I did see The Stranger and Compulsion quite recently.

I really liked Compulsion. Orson Welles' Wilk arrives into real blackness doesn't he? And because Welles is often so funny it's a welcome relief at that stage of the film. This was also the first time I've seen Dean Stockwell at that point in his career – he's like James Dean ! I really liked Diane Varsi's performance too, I hope to see some more of her.

Another good Welles film is Three Cases of Murder (1955),

WARNING: spoilers below
where he appears alongside Alan Badel in the third of its three self-contained stories. You wouldn't imagine another actor being able to dominate Welles but Badel does it. It's incredible.

al pacino in scent of a woman

sylvester stallone in cop land

mickey rourke in angel heart

Al Pacino on Devil's Advocate was amazing performance too, among the others
I like him in The Godfather but maybe even more in Heat.

This might just do nobody any good.
Serpico doesn’t seem to get enough love. Stallone is at his peak in Creed. Best from him since... well, the original Rocky, really.

I'd like to post some great performances but i don't want to invade your thread
You won't be invading this Thread feel free post some of your opinions

10 Gary Oldman

Top five performances

1 The Darkest hour

2 tinker tailor soldier spy

3 Dracula

4 True romance

5 Leon

11 Al Pacino

Top five performances

1 sent of a woman

2 scarface

3 The devils Advocate

4 heat

Serpico

10 Gary Oldman

Top five performances

2 tinker tailor soldier spy
i've seen the original BBC mini-series and since then i'm kind of skeptic to watch this movie i guess i gotta

This might just do nobody any good.
Tinker Tailor is quiet brilliance. It’s cliche to say this but it really is the rare kind of movie that gets better on multiple viewings. Oldman commands it with his presence alone and it’s got my favorite ensamble of the decade so far. It’s also got better atmosphere than most horror movies.

11 Al Pacino

Top five performances

1 sent of a woman

2 scarface

3 The devils Advocate

4 heat

Serpico

Love all of these movies and yes he s great in all of them

Tinker Tailor is quiet brilliance. It’s cliche to say this but it really is the rare kind of movie that gets better on multiple viewings. Oldman commands it with his presence alone and it’s got my favorite ensamble of the decade so far. It’s also got better atmosphere than most horror movies.
I loved the fact that they used Henry Jackman's Magneto theme on the trailer . Just goes to show the quality of his music that it could be reused that effectively for another genre.