Will we ever see ______ on DVD?

Tools    

I saw Brotherhood of the Wolf last Haloween on an all night horror thingy at the cinema, it was actually really good with other films - Theatre of Blood,The Fly,Event Horizon,Jeepers Creepers...
But I have heard Nothing at all about BOTW coming out on DVD or even video. I found out that the film wasn't released very widely and did quite crap really, probably due to the fact the ad for it showed nothing,told you nothing and noone payed any attention to it. But infact the movie was really good, and at the time I didn't have a dvd player, but now I do and have surround sound speakers - which would be perfect for BOTW - some of the fight scenes and pretty much the whole film would be brilliant and the flim just looked perfect for dvd. But no luck yet.

Here's the whole message in short and the point of the above ramblings -
Why is brotherhood of the wolf not out on dvd yet? and does anyone have any info about it?
Oh - and if anyone else has problemos like this about any other films go ahead and complain here if you want.

Brotherhood of the Wolf isn't yet available over here on R1 DVD because it just premiered theatrically at the beginning of 2002.

However, it is available for you UKers on R2 DVD, and has been for months. Maybe you need to check for it under the original untranslated French title, Le Pacte des Loups. If you want to order it online and have it shipped to you, check out any R2 online e-tailer and they'll have it.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Why isn't Ed Wood on DVD? It's Tim Burton's best movie! It won an Oscar! I want this on DVD NOW! This and a Battle Royal region 1 DVD too.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Monkeypunch
Why isn't Ed Wood on DVD? It's Tim Burton's best movie! It won an Oscar! I want this on DVD NOW! This and a Battle Royal region 1 DVD too.

On 8/13/02 Ed Wood will be on DVD for the low price of $19.95 presented in the original theatrical aspect ratio but features are minimal, with only the trailer included, if that.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Neither was Edward Scissorhands. I've learned not to expect much on DVDs from Burton. POTA being the exception.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

First of all, Edward Scissorhands hasn't been out for 20 years, it's been out for a little over 10 years, 12 to be exact. Second of all, the only actual "features" on it are a commentary by Burton, Conceptual Art, and a Making of featurette.

Personally, that's not plenty, that's average...

Will be released next month, May 21st to be exact.

Here are some of the features:
  • Commentary by Ridley Scott
  • Director's cut, restored version with Jerry Goldsmith's score
  • Original U.S. theatrical version with Tangerine Dream score
  • Creating a Myth: The Making of Legend
  • Storyboards
  • The Fairy Dance, music and storyboards depicting the lost scene
  • Original screenplay
  • Isolated music score by Tangerine Dream
  • Music video - "Is Your Love Strong Enough" by Bryan Ferry
  • Widescreen anamorphic format

Sold in a two-disc set. Retails for $24.90

Originally posted by spudracer
First of all, Edward Scissorhands hasn't been out for 20 years, it's been out for a little over 10 years, 12 to be exact. Second of all, the only actual "features" on it are a commentary by Burton, Conceptual Art, and a Making of featurette.

Personally, that's not plenty, that's average...

sorry....typo about 20th anniversary.
it is the 10th anniversary.

oh.......you forgot the tv spots on the dvd as part of the extras as well as trailer.

In europe th three disc DVD for BOTW is out, god i love that movie, i hope it comes out here in US soon
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Trailers are on basically every single DVD out there. I don't really count them either, honestly. If I were gonna count them as a noteworthy extra, I'd count the plot summary on the back of the case as the same.

Yeah, but they're included on just about every DVD so they're not exactly an extra.

Extras are the stuff worth looking at, Cast & Crew bios, Making Of documentaries, interviews, behind-the-scenes documentaries, etc.

That's my take on it anyways.

Originally posted by spudracer
Will be released next month, May 21st to be exact.

Here are some of the features:
  • Commentary by Ridley Scott
  • Director's cut, restored version with Jerry Goldsmith's score
  • Original U.S. theatrical version with Tangerine Dream score
  • Creating a Myth: The Making of Legend
  • Storyboards
  • The Fairy Dance, music and storyboards depicting the lost scene
  • Original screenplay
  • Isolated music score by Tangerine Dream
  • Music video - "Is Your Love Strong Enough" by Bryan Ferry
  • Widescreen anamorphic format

Sold in a two-disc set. Retails for $24.90
I love you Spud.

I know - I've been trying to post for a few days - no luck - mabey this time.
I saw a review of BOTW 3 disc dvd - and that's great cause I'm in europe - but the review did say that there are no english subtitles - and since the film's in french - there's no point in getting it if you can't speak french.
Damn!
Plus - god knows how much a 3disc dvd would cost = at least 30 pounds I'd say.
Damn
Also to add another Damn - my subwoofer that's about a month old just broke - Damn!! oh well - at least I'm getting GTA3 delivered tommorrow!!