25th Hall of Fame

Tools    

I haven't decided on what my pick will be, but it will likely be one of my all time favourites that I think most people haven't seen.

Probably gonna be an on-the-day decision if I'm gonna jump into the 26th. If I do I'll pick something a bit more defensible lol. Something with at least a bit of cred to hide behind but y'all know my taste by now and if you should be concerned or not.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Themroc

Here's a funny.
When I went a-streaming, I did my usual jump upwards of ten minutes into Themroc to check for subtitles.
Chuckling at my ninny be-hind for doing so.

Okay, so. . . now, I don't have it in PRECISE order, butttt it was something liiiike:
cough, mumble, interrupted night molestation, think about sex while coughing, grumbling. A lot of people, tunnel, oh, there he is again. Unhappy workers. Bicker, bicker, push-me-shove-you, work facing each other.Boss not happy with performance. The old lady not happy about the sex, the other two don't care. Then a wall goes up and the outside one goes down. Meandering police, sex; neighbors and onlookers getting mixed feelings. "No statement at this time, thank you." There's a BBQ, YAY, food good. Sex. Sex with workers. And then,
Oh, Spoiler Alert! and who'd have thunk it: The climax of the film WAS a Climax! John rape Fora, I did not forecast that weather condition, lumps and lampoons.

Ok, yeah. So, you know, it's like, that symbology stuff. You know. Meaning wrapped in an::insert aggressive adjective:: statement aimed at categorized emotions getting unfettered in a what-if, ride it even after the tires are only a mystical ethos, scenario with a tennis match of sex and violent-toned imagery; because that's the only way to keep a movie viewer's interest anymore, nowadays. Those d@mn::insert intellectually superior scathing disregard::.

. . .Huh,

Taking an intermission between moves. Somewheres around 8 pm, I'll watch About Elly and if it works, a review right after.
Enjoy your weekends, folks!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible

Themroc

Here's a funny.
When I went a-streaming, I did my usual jump upwards of ten minutes into Themroc to check for subtitles.
Chuckling at my ninny be-hind for doing so.

Okay, so. . . now, I don't have it in PRECISE order, butttt it was something liiiike:
cough, mumble, interrupted night molestation, think about sex while coughing, grumbling. A lot of people, tunnel, oh, there he is again. Unhappy workers. Bicker, bicker, push-me-shove-you, work facing each other.Boss not happy with performance. The old lady not happy about the sex, the other two don't care. Then a wall goes up and the outside one goes down. Meandering police, sex; neighbors and onlookers getting mixed feelings. "No statement at this time, thank you." There's a BBQ, YAY, food good. Sex. Sex with workers. And then,
Oh, Spoiler Alert! and who'd have thunk it: The climax of the film WAS a Climax! John rape Fora, I did not forecast that weather condition, lumps and lampoons.

Ok, yeah. So, you know, it's like, that symbology stuff. You know. Meaning wrapped in an::insert aggressive adjective:: statement aimed at categorized emotions getting unfettered in a what-if, ride it even after the tires are only a mystical ethos, scenario with a tennis match of sex and violent-toned imagery; because that's the only way to keep a movie viewer's interest anymore, nowadays. Those d@mn::insert intellectually superior scathing disregard::.

. . .Uh,
So, that what was what you got from the jump upwards of ten minutes? Because that's exactly what I got from watching the movie uninterrupted xD

About Elly is finished but its too late to write a review but I will be sending a vote in momentarily.

::49 minutes later::
Vote officially sent.

When is the unveil again?
Good question...Answer: I don't know?

I hoped to do it today and I just now started working on calculating the points. I do have to work today so...maybe later in the evening? If not should be on Monday. I'll do the @mention thing before the reveal starts.

About Elly aka Darbareye Elly (2009)

20 Awards, 13 Nominations?
Not too f@ckin shabby.

I need a revisit with this. I did not engage anywhere near what I truly should have, would have, and most likely could on another viewing.
Please don't ask why; I ran the gambit and found no reason, including the very scenario of last night's stepping over the Finish Line before the Racing Park closes.
I just don't know.

Ask me what I think of it, and I will rave.
With the nuance of a stage play, tension and suspicion seep into tight, caring family relationships when a scarcely known guest (teacher to one of the young children) create a stream of questions ranging, not only her abrupt, mysterious disappearance during the near-drowning of another child, but who actually she is and who exactly, really, is the man that arrives soon after. What truth is acceptable? Which truth should be hidden?
Morality, what is Right, what is Respectable are debated as the secrets begin to unwind in and around themselves. Mistrust builds, then twists, as the argument to hide their own truths with the man who is not who he originally claims.

The scenario had a hint of Thriller to it that, being completely blind in my viewing, I was waiting for the "killer to reveal themselves" ending. The actual ending is a more sublimely sad, day-in-the-life gone tragic experience occurring during a well-anticipated weekend getaway.

Every individual in here was exceptional in their role. The dance and operatic movement of the camera as we remain in the eye of the emotional storm with elegant precision was truly extraordinary.

I SHOULD have been utterly and completely engaged. At times I did feel the waves wash over and then away.
Perhaps it was a critical eye, and an unsure perception of what this may erupt into caused me to distance myself. Then again, the Ending's resolve should have easily spun it all around. Which, I did truly love.

About Elly is very well deserving of each award, and to take a spin on the ole spindly record as it comes back around: I need a revisit with this.

Yeah, thanks for hosting this HoF, Citizen Rules. You really, er, rule!
Ah shucks...Update: I just got home from a hard days work and I'm going to tabulate the points right now. I won't be able to do the reveal tonight, but really should be able to do it tomorrow morning (west coast time).

While we're waiting does anyone have predictions on 1st place? last place? The overall order...or what films will be in the top third, middle third, bottom third.
Maybe there could be an upset but Vertigo and Bicycle Thieves have to be the favorites. Themroc is last with probably The Green Years next to last. Beyond that I don't have a clue.