Custom Lists: Beta Testing

Tools    

Yeah, you just happened to load it in the middle of some changes. Should be fine in a second. Unless I decide to go about this another (less tedious) way...

"How tall is King Kong ?"
It seems to work. All the titles on the "list of custom lists" page are replaced with "(no title)", but they reappear when I enter the edit mode and save the list as it is. [Edit: wait no they don't. one did, once, but now everything keeps displaying "no title" on that page.]

I had one list that had a title in french, with characters such as è, é and ç. Those used to be displayed fine, but noe they appear as è, é and ç respectively. A matter of ASCII encoding. No big deal, this is an english-based website and that title was temporary anyway.

Okay, I think all list titles and descriptions should now handle all weirdness fine. Again, not retroactive, so you might have to refresh and update them, but the titles should be showing up again everywhere and everything, too.

Re: foreign characters. Thought I fixed that, might just be fixed in five places and there's a sixth I missed? Anyway, please PM me a link with an example if you can.

Yeah, you just happened to load it in the middle of some changes. Should be fine in a second. Unless I decide to go about this another (less tedious) way...
Ha it figures I'd choose to look at my list at the right-wrong moment. Yup as you said, all the titles are back the way they were Looking good.

Hm. Mine still seem stuck with the (no title) titles. But only on the "custom lists" page (they are displayed fine on the profile's "lists", and the correct title appear in the edit field).

And it isn't a cache issue on my side, because I checked on a different machine. Wait, I'll screenshot it.

There :

One remark and one question.

The remark :

I'm okay with the ASCII issues in lists names, because a descriptive list name on an english website should be in english anyway. But the problem also shows elsewhere, where it is more annoying : some cinema masterpieces don't have english titles, and for these a correct display would be kinda important I think :

The question :

Are the list "descriptions" (the ones edited through Settings) displayed somewhere, or are they just for the list maker's own purpose ? I don't think I ever saw them on my or anyone else's profile, have looked at the wrong places ?

One remark and one question.

The remark :

I'm okay with the ASCII issues in lists names, because a descriptive list name on an english website should be in english anyway. But the problem also shows elsewhere, where it is more annoying : some cinema masterpieces don't have english titles, and for these a correct display would be kinda important I think :

Ah, that makes sense, the special displays need a separate check. Thanks. Those things are in beta even for beta, since I have a lot of choices to make there about how they should work. Thanks for catching it.

The question :

Are the list "descriptions" (the ones edited through Settings) displayed somewhere, or are they just for the list maker's own purpose ? I don't think I ever saw them on my or anyone else's profile, have looked at the wrong places ?
Nope, just not sure where they should go yet. The list layout stuff/options will probably be one of the last things to go up. But it'll definitely be visible with the list itself when all's said and done, since I figure a lot of lists will require explanations.

Any word on when I'll be able to edit my lists?
I'm not sure I follow. You should be able to edit them now. Please elaborate if I've misunderstood.

Are you asking when you'll be able to edit them on mobile, perhaps?

I'm not sure I follow. You should be able to edit them now. Please elaborate if I've misunderstood.

Are you asking when you'll be able to edit them on mobile, perhaps?

Custom charts. I just went to my profile and clicked on my only custom chart, but their doesn't seem to be an edit function. I noticed a couple mistakes with it, and it's a couple months out of date anyway.

Custom charts. I just went to my profile and clicked on my only custom chart, but their doesn't seem to be an edit function. I noticed a couple mistakes with it, and it's a couple months out of date anyway.
I have no problem editing them (removing films with the right-side X, adding movies, swapping them around).

Are you certain you are in edit mode, the one where no movie is "crossed", the one you access only through "Lists" -> "New custom lists" -> "back to custom lists" ? You can't edit the the content if you reach them through your profile directly, or if you clicked on "view".

I have no problem editing them (removing films with the right-side X, adding movies, swapping them around).

Are you certain you are in edit mode, the one where no movie is "crossed", the one you access only through "Lists" -> "New custom lists" -> "back to custom lists" ? You can't edit the the content if you reach them through your profile directly, or if you clicked on "view".

Thanks. I'll come back to this post to remember it.

Ah, yeah, the way you're getting to them is just the "View" function, you'll wanna go through the Lists area for now.

I'll add a little check on the View List page to see if you're the author and provide a shortcut link from there, too. Those are the kinds of details that tend to get added late in the process, once I'm confident the big functions are working right and can scale up.