Dos Games

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I still have all the ZIP files of those DOS games Yoda and his brother used to play back in the '90s. But I cannot get any of them to work on my modern computers. And I'm not sure I want to jump through all the hoops you'd need in order to play them now. (sigh)

I did grab eight Zork games from GOG when they were all on sale less than a year ago.

What I'm waiting for is someone who will make the game Obsidian work with my computer. Loved that game. My CD version won't install now. I've looked around the Intrawebs but nobody's translated it over yet.

I still have all the ZIP files of those DOS games Yoda and his brother used to play back in the '90s. But I cannot get any of them to work on my modern computers. And I'm not sure I want to jump through all the hoops you'd need in order to play them now. (sigh)

I did grab eight Zork games from GOG when they were all on sale less than a year ago.

What I'm waiting for is someone who will make the game Obsidian work with my computer. Loved that game. My CD version won't install now. I've looked around the Intrawebs but nobody's translated it over yet.
Did you download dosbox?

I can easily walk you through it. It's not too many Hoops. The largest Hoops is relearning how to navigate dos but that should already kind of be expected.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I remember more about DOS than I would have thought. For some reason, I have a memory of DOSbox not working. Maybe I'll try again since I have a different computer (though both had/have Windows 10).

I remember more about DOS than I would have thought. For some reason, I have a memory of DOSbox not working. Maybe I'll try again since I have a different computer (though both had/have Windows 10).
At one point I downloaded several versions of dosbox and tried them to see which one works the best. I hope you have a good intuition of looking at sites that are less likely to have viruses. Maybe if there's an official dustbox website.

The thing that can be the most confusing is mounting the drive before finding the games on your computer.