RIP Rutger Hauer

Tools    

Dead at 75. Underrated actor.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...it89WwcsddxKGM
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He was great in The Hitcher.

He died the same year Blade Runner takes place.

RIP.

Suspect's Reviews

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
One of the greatest Dutch actors ever. One of my favorite roles of his was Nick Parker, a blind Vietnam veteran who becomes a master swordsman in the Zatoichi-inspired Blind Fury. This was where he fought the legendary Sho Kosugi

Saddened my day
Requiescat in pace Rutger.

(always wished he'd been given his own sixty-minute chat show - if ever someone was appropriately named for such a venture it was surely he)

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
He will surely be missed. Rest in peace, Hauer. Aside from Blade Runner, I thought he was great in The Osterman Weekend, too.

Fantastic actor.

Blade Runner and The Hitcher are favorites of mine.

''All Those Moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.''

Absolutely iconic.

His part as Erik Lanshof in Soldier of Orange (1977), set in the Netherlands at the outset of the Second World War, lands as my favorite role of his, a Paul Verhoeven film.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Soldier of Orange 77.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	56174  

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Hauer came to fame in the 1970s and 80s, and came to prominence alongside Dutch director Paul Verhoeven.

They worked together for years, building each others' careers with nothing but skill, determination, and sheer willpower.

Both their careers are the result of the two of them working together in the 1970s and bringing Dutch Cinema to the mainstream.

His roles include Spetters, Turkish Delight, Katie Tippel, Soldier Of Orange, Flesh+Blood, Blind Fury, The Last Words Of Dutch Schultz, Sin City, and Batman Begins.

Hauer's most recognisable role was in Blade Runner (1982), as the rogue Replicant Roy Batty.

Cause of death hasn't been released, other than he died at home on the 19th of July 2019 at age 75.

Hauer's most famous moment in the spotlight, was when he ad-libbed, completely off the cuff, the now famous "Orion" speech at the end of Blade Runner, and gave a cheeky grin toward director Ridley Scott and the end before fading into a slow-motion fade-out.

Such a sad, sad day.

Rest in Peace, Rutger.

Like tears in the rain.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

*pictured above in Agent of Orange, Nighthawks, Flesh+Blood, The Osterman Weekend, Ladyhawk, The Hitcher, A Breed Apart, Blind Fury, Split Second, The Blood of Heroes, and The Legend of the Holy Drinker

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

Just tears in my computer room at 4:00 AM in the morning.