IT Chapter 2

Tools    

I just want to hug (your FACE)!
I watched this Friday on my day off. Very quickly:

I thought the visuals were great. I agree with a poster above that it could have been 20-30 minutes shorter. Acting in the first 20-30 minutes was weak and felt like a made-for-TV movie but eventually it settled into a decent pace.

WARNING: "Plot considerations marked as a precaution!" spoilers below
There were a few very interesting, but ultimately useless red herrings. My feelings are either expand on them or remove them to save on run time. Sadly, they were more interesting that what is really going on in the story.

Acting was average but, surprisingly, Bill Hader saved the movie for me. Several times! I did not care much for the ending and while the attention given to the individual characters was nice, it ran on far too long and quickly felt like a modern effects version of A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors. That is not a bad thing, mind you. Encounters were mostly fun, but it did feel a bit predictable and rehashed after a while. Oddly enough, there was a shot near the end of the movie showing an old movie reader board listing A Nightmare on Elm Street playing in the Derry theater. Huh...

All in all it was still fun, especially with Hader's control of humor helping to break the dry acting and sometimes awkward story. Obviously watch it if you invested into the first chapter. I've never read a King book and never really had interest but watching this movie made me question, several times, that if this (and most any other movie adaptation except for The Shining) is representative of the stories he writes, then I don't get it.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy."
- Captain Steel

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If they eliminated Bowers it would have saved them some time. They changed up his story and he didn't affect the plot whatsoever.

Suspect's Reviews

If they eliminated Bowers it would have saved them some time. They changed up his story and he didn't affect the plot whatsoever.
Agree. Made him almost insignificant, apart from giving Eddie a point to score. I thought the actor playing the part did a great job despite having so little to play with.

I just want to hug (your FACE)!
Ha. I forgot about him! You're right. That was a set up to nowhere. =/

Not seen it yet, but I’m counting on watching it in the cinema soon...

And I kinda also just wanted to pop in here because I want to drop a random funny remark:

I find it funny that, in Danish, the way you pronounce “IT” in English is exactly the same as saying 1 (one) in Danish (the spelling is, however, “Et”).

When I ask people about the movie or just talking about it in general, I’m basically saying “So I was wondering, have you seen One Two?”

Loved the first movie and recently watched the second one. Quite good overall. I actually watched the original IT movie and was pleasantly surprised by some new scenes that weren't in the original one. The scares in IT 2 were good too as even though I knew it was coming, it still managed to shock me.

I've got a review for Chapter 2 on the way over on my Youtube channel, but what I will say is that I really enjoyed the movie, yeah its not without its few flaws in regards to narrative/pacing, but overall enjoyed it. I wouldn't really say it was scary... a little creepy and intense at times, but nothing really horrifying and i do feel like the CGI when used did diminish some of that horror at times.