Rate a List of Actors

Tools    

The truth is in here
It's hard to rate actors since even the best actors you can think of can sometimes give a bad performance if a script isn't right or the director is incompetent. I still give Al Pacino a
despite his weaker performances in 88 Minutes and Hangman, since his impressive dedication to making characters come alive in other movies more than makes up for them.

Billy Zane
- Love the guy when he gets something great to work with. Would give him a 5 if it wasn't for his poor acting in his worse movies. I think he's made enough inferior movie choices that I have to drag a point down.

Kristen Stewart
- She's not bad, just entirely dependent on the script. If it's bad, she's guaranteed to give a bad performance. But in movies such as Panic Room and Welcome To The Rileys, she shows potential.

Ashton Kutcher -
Not the best actor ever, but fun in the right roles. Hated him as Walden Schmidt, but I seem to be one of the few who really liked him in The Butterfly Effect. Kelso is also a very iconic character.

Michael Redgrave
Denzel Washington
Chow Yun-Fat
When i figure out how to do the half popcorn then I'll add more.

I think Joaquin Phoenix is probably one of the best actors working today. He really jumps into a role and becomes the character and he's been in a lot of underrated, yet really solid films. I'm glad he never became a mega box office star as then he'd be stuck making pop tart movies.

I'm not sure who's the best actress working today? I like Kate Winslet alot.
I used to really like Frances McDormand. But after she shot off her PC mouth to all her SJ buds at the Oscar ceremony, I'll be hard pressed to watch her in anything. Her win for "Three Billboards" went to her head. Still, I may have to reconsider in order to watch Anderson's upcoming The French Dispatch...

I used to really like Frances McDormand. But after she shot off her PC mouth to all her SJ buds at the Oscar ceremony, I'll be hard pressed to watch her in anything. Her win for "Three Billboards" went to her head. Still, I may have to reconsider in order to watch Anderson's upcoming The French Dispatch...
I'm sure I've seen her in stuff before, but I shut off Three Billboards after 20 minutes of so.

I think Joaquin Phoenix is probably one of the best actors working today. He really jumps into a role and becomes the character and he's been in a lot of underrated, yet really solid films. I'm glad he never became a mega box office star as then he'd be stuck making pop tart movies.

I'm not sure who's the best actress working today? I like Kate Winslet alot.
In retrospect The Master almost feels like Hoffman passing the torch to him.

I always find harder to judge as women in this fashion because IMHO they still struggle to get consistently good roles with few developing the kind of partnerships actors and directors often build. Maybe the exception is Binoche who you could argue has been at the top since Three Colours Blue in the early 90's.

I'm sure I've seen her in stuff before, but I shut off Three Billboards after 20 minutes of so.
IMO "Three Billboards" was WAY overrated. McDormand really came into her own with her great work in the Coen's Fargo (1996), and she's had wonderful portrayals since. But for some reason there's a tendency for talented popular actors to assume that their views on politics and anything else must be shared with the public, that their opinions are somehow important and valuable. But that's the insanity of fantasyland Hollywood.

Totally agree about Three Billboards - way overrated. You were lucky to have turned it off CR. Absolutely inane.

Don't know why she got an award for this silly piece of nonsense - was the screenwriter MIA from class the day they talked about plot structure - or character development? Or believability ?

And I agree, Doc, she was so iconic in Fargo, it made Three Babbling Billboards even more disappointing.

Very nice presentation @John-Connor

I may have gladly substituted Paul Newman for Redford, but any list that includes Harrison Ford
is A-ok with me.

I may have gladly substituted Paul Newman for Redford, but any list that includes Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig
is A-ok with me.
I should screenshot this and send it to Daniel Craig, it's Anthony Hopkins..
(I'll post bigger pics for users who mofo on their phone next time)

I may have gladly substituted Paul Newman for Redford, but any list that includes Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig
is A-ok with me.
I should screenshot this and send it to Daniel Craig, it's Anthony Hopkins..
(I'll post bigger pics for users who mofo on their phone next time)

I need someone to pre edit my posts - lmao J-C and I just sent you a pm by mistake instead of postting it here. Please take this device outta my hands til I have my first cup of coffee.

So to further add to my public embarrassment - My mistake, 🙄it was Steve McQueen I mistook for Daniel Craig .

But both worthy contenders for the list imho.

And they look sorta similar donchya think? Both craigy ...ah...craggy... but handsome faces.

I' ll stop now. Pouring that coffee into my cup this very minute.

And they look sorta similar donchya think? Both craigy ...ah...craggy... but handsome faces.

Lol - and thanks - don't know how you found this image so fast - you're the best J-C !

I did too.

IMO "Three Billboards" was WAY overrated. McDormand really came into her own with her great work in the Coen's Fargo (1996), and she's had wonderful portrayals since. But for some reason there's a tendency for talented popular actors to assume that their views on politics and anything else must be shared with the public, that their opinions are somehow important and valuable. But that's the insanity of fantasyland Hollywood.
Bad movie. Bailed out.

Honestly though Three Billboards is quite critical of what you might call the "liberal consensus", it shows that her characters victim mentally is really driven by crushing guilt and a racist cop in a positive fashion whilst the "good black cop"(specifically casting the guy most closely associated with that) can't do anything to deal with the killer ex solider.