MoFo art gallery

Tools    

This one is the same. Hand made using the proper logo as a simple reference.

Basic template, hand drawn over the top... not bad for an hour's work...

There's other images in the thread that are image manipulation, and I've admitted to that, but if I say I've hand made something, I don't mean I've adjusted an existing image and am trying to pass it off as my own.

Originally Posted by The Rodent
There's other images in the thread that are image manipulation, and I've admitted to that, but if I say I've hand made something, I don't mean I've adjusted an existing image and am trying to pass it off as my own.
I wasn't suggesting... nevermind. Ignore me.

Experimenting with minimalist... not sure yet if it's working.

Oh, I like these. It's interesting to me particularly because a very clever member of the Doctor Who forum Gallifrey Base has just finished doing every classic story as minimalist images. Some of them are outstanding precisely because they go for total minimalism and in a way you don't even need the titles. Predator is the best one I've seen up to now, but arguably we should be able to guess what the film is without the text being there. I think you should try that – see if we cotton on to what films they are .

I've been thinking for a while about making posters different... the idea of not having the title on them at all is a good idea tbh.
Thanks, SiB!

I've been thinking for a while about making posters different... the idea of not having the title on them at all is a good idea tbh.
Thanks, SiB!
You're welcome – looking forward to seeing the next batch .

You know, Rodent, instead of posting your own personally made movie posters here in this thread.... you could start your own thread dedicated to them.

Think JayDee's new poster thread (and my thread, too) .... but your own.... and all the posters are YOUR OWN CREATIONS!

I've thought about that too tbh but didn't want to fill the boards with another thread that I might end up not carrying on.

I've thought about that too tbh but didn't want to fill the boards with another thread that I might end up not carrying on.
I'd go for it.

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
Went to the Philadelphia Art Museum and fell in love with the Prometheus painting! Prometheus stole fire from the gods to give to the humans as their sun and was punished by having his liver ripped apart by an eagle for all eternity (he is healed every day and the torture starts agian)

Went to the Philadelphia Art Museum and fell in love with the Prometheus painting! Prometheus stole fire from the gods to give to the humans as their sun and was punished by having his liver ripped apart by an eagle for all eternity (he is healed every day and the torture starts agian)
Cheerful.

Weird is relative.
Very cool. Which films are shown in the below gifs?

Some of my recent GIF art: