Quentin Tarantino doing Star Trek - Great idea or what the ****?

Tools    

The truth is in here
I'm not sure what to think. As unique an idea as it is, Tarantino's experiment 10 years ago didn't work out at all. I'm talking of course about Death Proof. I know it has some fans, and I totally understand why. But before I saw it I was almost dead convinced that he could never make a movie where I went "Well, that was just boring". Especially considering Tarantino has one of the most energetic and inventive director styles of all time. But that's exactly what it was. It was boring. A tonal mess, bad storyline and woefully uninteresting characters. Trying to do something new from what he had done before he took it a step too far and just left me and others totally confused over what the hell we just watched.

That's what I'm worried about, that this will be a rare case of Tarantino doing something that's completely out of his realm.
(Yes, I actually liked The Hateful Eight)

So this leaves me with very mixed feelings.

I'm not sure what to think. As unique an idea as it is, Tarantino's experiment 10 years ago didn't work out at all. I'm talking of course about Death Proof. I know it has some fans, and I totally understand why. But before I saw it I was almost dead convinced that he could never make a movie where I went "Well, that was just boring". Especially considering Tarantino has one of the most energetic and inventive director styles of all time. But that's exactly what it was. It was boring. A tonal mess, bad storyline and woefully uninteresting characters. Trying to do something new from what he had done before he took it a step too far and just left me and others totally confused over what the hell we just watched.

That's what I'm worried about, that this will be a rare case of Tarantino doing something that's completely out of his realm.
(Yes, I actually liked The Hateful Eight)

So this leaves me with very mixed feelings.
I'm a fan of Death Proof. Fight me.

That being said...meh, Star Trek...

McFarlane was a terrible idea, Tarantino on the other hand, I can imagine an action packed, profanity filled Star Trek movie that's fun to watch with a few buddies. (Btw I'v never seen Star Trek).

This might just do nobody any good.
I kind of like that QT is finding ways to cheese his “done at 10” retirement s**t.

Here are a couple of links:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-...ms-1202220032/

EXCLUSIVE: Already busy prepping to direct the film he just set up at Sony Pictures, Quentin Tarantino is also planning to boldly go where he has not gone before. Sources said that Tarantino has come up with a great idea for a Star Trek movie at Paramount. After sharing his idea with JJ Abrams (who himself is busy prepping Star Wars Episode IX), I’ve heard the plan is to assemble a writers room of scribes who’ll hear Tarantino’s take and begin to put together a movie. If it all works out, Tarantino might direct it, with Abrams producing.

While Tarantino has always come up with his own original films, many have wondered what he might do if he took the reins of an existing franchise. He has only done that on television, twice directing episodes of CSI and once an episode of ER. He has spoken about the appeal of taking on one of the James Bond movies, but the hard part of something like that is getting the rights holders to give him a wide creative swath that comes along with a final cut auteur like Tarantino. This would give a remarkable boost to the venerable franchise for Paramount, which is looking to build them under studio chief Jim Gianopulos.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...=YF&yptr=yahoo

Quentin Tarantino is making a Star Trek movie. That’s a sentence fans of the franchise never thought they would read, as the Tarantino brand doesn’t exactly seem like it would fit with Star Trek.

But Tarantino himself loves Star Trek. In fact, he has gone on record as saying that there’s one episode of the show that he would love to turn into a two-hour film, and looking at that episode gives us a good idea of what he’s got cooking. Here’s the Star Trek episode that Tarantino will likely draw inspiration from for his new movie.

Tarantino won’t be writing the new Star Trek film. He’s only going to serve as its director. However, that doesn’t mean he’s not involved in the story at all.

According to Deadline, Tarantino came up with the idea for the new movie, and he pitched it to J.J. Abrams and Paramount Pictures. They liked his concept so much that they immediately began assembling a writer’s room to put together a screenplay.

So the movie might not be as chock-full of Tarantino-isms as you’d expect, considering it will be the first film he directs without also writing. Still, the thrust of the movie comes from his brain. The film will also have an R rating, like all of Tarantino’s work.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Could be worse, they could get Rian Johnston.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
So Tarantino is not doing the best he does, that is writing? Give him full power on editing and he makes the movie a disgrace. Not that I care, it's Star Trek...

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Burn me if you want, but this smells like a marketing ploy.

Dicaprio joins Tarantino's Manson flick

"F**king Captain's f**king log, muthaf**ker"

"Captain... the f**king sensors are f**king picking something up... and whatever the f*** it is, it's f**king weird"
"Well f**king go to f**king red f**king alert then for f*** sake, muthaf**ker!"

Doesn't sound right for Star Trek.

"Beam me the f**** Up, Scotty, damn!"

"Say 'warp drive' again, I dare you, I double dare you m*****f****r"

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is the first Star Trek movie that I have absolutely no interest in seeing.

I'll watch it only if Samuel L. Jackson is in it!

On the other hand, it might be good if Avery Brooks reprises his role as Benjamin Sisko...

So....for those who still don't get it...let me explain it for you....Tarantino will not direct star trek. He is too concerned with his legacy and ego to make his 10th film a non-original franchise based movie. All this news of him being attached might be because he gave them a story idea or something like that. He will not go out with a film that is antithetical to his very existence.

Welcome to the human race...
You never know, he seems like he could be that kind of eccentric. Going from a sprawling epic about (presumably) the death of Hollywood's golden age to making what sounds like one of the most absurd attempts at a modern franchise movie ever and then ending his career on that note actually does sound kind of plausible.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
"F**king Captain's f**king log, muthaf**ker"

"Captain... the f**king sensors are f**king picking something up... and whatever the f*** it is, it's f**king weird"
"Well f**king go to f**king red f**king alert then for f*** sake, muthaf**ker!"

Doesn't sound right for Star Trek.
Oh, God... That seems so wrong that I have no words.