Is Hollywood afraid of the female form nowadays?

Tools    

Hollywood is just afraid of being even more exposed for being the evil it's always been. It's a simple answer. Cater to the feminists to avoid picket lines on opening weekend.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Hollywood is just afraid of being even more exposed for being the evil it's always been. It's a simple answer. Cater to the feminists to avoid picket lines on opening weekend.
Why do you think it's called Holly-wood If they would've named it Edwood things would be so much different!

Yeah I agree on the Transformer movies that the female form is shown in too much close up and too exploitative there maybe.

It's hard to explain what I mean maybe, but it just seems that way for me that Hollywood is afraid of the female form now. What about the new Terminator movie as an example?

The female Terminator in T3, they weren't afraid to make look feminine and more voluptuous, but the new female Terminator is completely flat chested, and looks boyish compared to the T3 one. Is that a better example?
Its not really what he shows but just how tacked on it feels and indeed how trashy it looks. I'd like to think I'm not prudish at all, some of my favourite films have significant amounts of sex in them but it tends to be in aid of something other than just titillating the audience.

The Terminator sequel I spose you might have a point there, hard to know exactly but without having seen it(not sure I will at the cinema given how bad it looks) yeah I do get the impression they may have made Mackenzie Davis character look as masculine as possible to try and score clumsy political points. The whole film just screams low effort/talent cash in to me just as the last couple have(which ironically it seems to steal a lot from despite disregarding them) so I can well believe they'd do that.

As far as Terminator 3 goes I actually think the female Terminator was a bit of a missed opportunity. We get a couple of pretty inconsequential scenes playing up Loken being attractive for some titillation but it doesn't really focus on the idea of her being sexually manipulative very much that I think that could have been more interesting/scary. Johansson in my avi for example plays up a similar kind of character very effectively IMHO.

Oh okay, I didn't think she needed to be very sexually manipulative though, since she probably gets the answers she wants out of torturing or killing people with her powers, but the fact that she looks feminine and voluptuous is good I thought.

I just watched The Outlaw (1943), and read about how when making the movie, they invented special bras, to emphasize Jane Russell's breasts. Is this one of the reasons you don't see more voluptuous depictions of women in movies nowadays, is a lot of filmmakers don't want to ask women to do that maybe?