Swan Songs

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
If you go to Lebanon, Fairuz is played everywhere. It's quite ridiculous how obsessed Lebanese people are with her. Don't get me wrong, she's made a lot of great music. She's one of those artists I grew up listening to a lot.

If you're interested, this is a cool mix of songs from the 60s and 70s that I really like. They are remixes though, not the originals. If you're looking for specific songs or like a compilation of good Arabic music from that era, I'd be happy to name specific songs for you.
"Al Bosta" is the only song of hers I know, my mom loved it, grew up hearing that stuff. There's an Assyrian singer (Eduard Yousif) Biba, who is a great one, just couldn't find anything on youtube, but will check it out.

So far, I like the first one, but the "remixed beat" kinda butchered the song. I can bet it's probably "dum-dak, dum-dum-tak" -

In the second song, I liked the part when they double-timed the beat, making it sound faster, and that two-note piano riff, as simple as it may be, is very effective.

If you can name the songs, I would greatly appreciate it. If you know songs similar to style with "Al Bosta" I'd really appreciate. Thanks, I'll go back to listening.

P.S. - I have a song I wrote on dumbek and an acoustic guitar. Maybe I'll upload it on youtube, and put a link here, as I don't have it copyrighted yet.

I find Clark to be an incredibly underrated electronic musician. My favorite album of his, and one of my favorite electronic albums in general, is Turning Dragon. Not only is it musically and creatively inspiring for me, but it has a cool perk in that it manages to be more groovy and danceable than most IDM albums (a subgenre of electronic music not particularly known for it's danceableness, ironically). I seriously love the creative, distorted beats on it - they bounce like nothing I've ever heard. Also love the organic messiness of the record.

Here's a good song from it.

Some Boris up in this bitch. Post dedicated to Minio, who got me into Boris.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Best Boris album evah. This album got me into noise/drone.

I'd be curious to see what you think, yeah. I got it the other day and while I haven't listened to it in full yet (it's damn extensive, 4 "discs" long), I really dug what I have listened to so far. Good noise album from what I can tell, a genre I'm just now really getting into.

Wanted to post a Soap&Skin song because I'm revisiting her work, went with this one because it comes with a great photograph.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
When everybody was creamin' over Florence and the Machine, I creamed over Soap & Skin.

#alwaysdifferent
#hipsterforlife

Can't believe I haven't posted any Justin Vernon yet in this thread. For those of you who don't know, he's my musical hero. Here's an earlier song he did, before Bon Iver.

Can't believe I haven't posted any Justin Vernon yet in this thread. For those of you who don't know, he's my musical hero. Here's an earlier song he did, before Bon Iver.

This is great man.

Glad you like it man. It's from one of his earlier, self-released albums, so it's a bit more unheard of, definitely compared to his Bon Iver work.

Glad you like it man. It's from one of his earlier, self-released albums, so it's a bit more unheard of, definitely compared to his Bon Iver work.
Bon Iver is great and Justin Vernon is an awesome musician. Thanks for make me discover this tonight

Death Grips released a new song the other day. It features Les Claypool, bassist of Primus. And it's amazing.